Not Xingyun: Short Story

Short story I wrote for my english class!

Lennox was nothing like his townmates. His hair was a dusty ginger color, framing his peach face. He was pale, but not in the way everyone else was. Everyone else had silver tints to their skin, but he had red. This town was meant to be nothing but perfect. Perfect people, perfect houses, perfect churches. Lennox knew he didn't fit in. In a town full of perfect purple-eyed commoners, a green-eyed prince was seen as a difference to the area.

A boy, around the age of twenty-two, was seen wandering aimlessly around this perfect town. He looked far different than all the citizens. He was tall, seeming to be around six feet. His hair was a dark chocolate brown, complementing his wonderful blue eyes. He wore a lightweight jacket, a sword by his side. Lennox seemed to be the only one to notice this boy. He sat on the outskirts of town, not daring to enter.

Lennox took a swift hop out of the castle window, quickly reaching the town's border. He called to the outsider, taking a step forward.

"What is your name?" He questioned, approaching the taller man. The brunette looked down, a sweet smile resting on his face.

"Carlo. Carlo Trewsany. I came in search for a home. Do you happen to know of anyone who could house me?" The tan-skinned lad revealed his name, a hand outstretched to greet the smaller boy.

"Nice to meet you, Carlo. I am Lennox. Prince Lennox. I may be able to house you in my palace, but it would be difficult to convince my mother." Lennox spoke, shaking the hand of this newcomer.

It had been months since that encounter, yet Lennox still thought of it every day. Carlo, noticing his friend's distracted face, decided to make his way to the windowsill.

"Lennox," He spoke. "Let's go walk outside." The brunette opened the window, the ginger following after. They ran in the rain, a soft yellow light shining from the street lamps. The moon was full, shining down on the pair.

"Prince, don't you think the moon is beautiful?" Carlo spoke, glancing over towards the ginger. A soft and sweet smile rested on his face, a small shade of pink dusting his cheeks.

The ginger knew this was some piece of literary symbolism, but the meaning behind such a phrase had left his knowledge. He smiled awkwardly at his friend.

"I-" But he was cut off. A loud bang was heard, the taller male collapsing. A small metal ball had hit him in the back of the neck, knocking him into a deep coma.

The green-eyed boy called for help, medical professionals rushing out from various places. They carried him away as Lennox followed close behind. They entered the hospital, multiple machine sounds being heard.

He was just asleep, right? He would be okay, RIGHT?! The peach-faced prince felt the tears well in his eyes as the doctors rushed into the room. "Large impact on the back of the neck.." talking. "Nerves damaged, subject unconscious." More talking.

Lennox knew enough about medical terms. Carlo was hit on the back of his neck, nerves being damaged in the process of him falling unconscious.

He rushed out of the hospital, running through the puddles. He needed to get away. He needed to sleep. Maybe this was all a dream. Maybe if he just slept, it would all go away. The prince ran through the halls, straight towards his bedroom. Straight to his bed.

Lennox could hear the rush of noise throughout the castle. News was spreading quickly. "The outsider was attacked!" They would yell through the corridors. Shoes clicked against the floors, a herd of doctors coming to check on the ginger. "If an outsider was attacked while with the prince, we must check him too." Their reasoning was logical, but not in the likes of the prince.