Chapter 8: New Home

F/N: Well, our time in this tiny two-bedroom apartment has finally come to an end; gone are the days of sore heads and bruising, at least, I hope.

I thought to myself as I rode the taxi on the way to our new place, the vase of flowers sitting snugly in my lap. The moving company had come earlier that morning and had started to transfer all our stuff, for myself, my sister, and the dragons, we took the comfortable ride there. Throughout the journey, Kanna stared in awe of the moving metal box, not too similar to my first impressions of the things years back. Something my sister noticed as she patted the little one's head. Though her magical ride came to the same end as the rest of us, for not long after, we stood within our new home. 

Setting the vase down on the counter, I looked back upon the girls. Each of them gazed about the living room as our furniture and labeled boxes sat around.

F/N: Well, I think we should figure out how to divide the space.

Kobayashi: Right. So obviously, this will be the living room.

She said, walking past me and back down the hall, opening the first room that housed our two work computers and a pair of workspaces. It seemed the movers had already decided which room this would end up being.

Kobayashi: Well, this will be the office.

Tohru: Yeah, think they did this on purpose?

F/N: Probably just convenience.

I muttered as we closed the door and moved on to the next room, which we promptly decided would be Kobayashi's by her choice, though the third was unique in its principle as my sister opened the door.

Kobayashi: And this one will be you guys.

She said with a soft smile while looking over at Tohru and Kanna, both growing confused. Tohru walked in and looked around, drinking in the space before looking back at Kobayashi and me.

Tohru: This, this is ours?

F/N: "Yeah, it's your twos to do whatever with. I'd say it's a definite upgrade from the couch or sleeping on the floor."

I said with a smile as both the dragon's faces grew into ones of pure joy. Sprinting over to the bed, the two dragons plopped down with giggles as they bounced on the spongy mattress. Kobayashi and I watched on with content before I gently nudged her.

F/N: Hey, what if I wanted this room? That would be a big letdown.

Kobayashi: Oh yeah, like you would give up "your room" as you called it when we looked at this place. I know you well enough that you wouldn't be changing your mind.

She said, nudging me back with a slight smirk. I chuckled and nodded as I turned around and headed out, taking one last look back at the dragons as they happily settled into their new room.

F/N: Well, I'll get a few things unpacked and take the first bath if you don't mind.

Kobayashi: Not at all.

Nodding a little, I turned back and headed for the kitchen. Being carefully picking up the vase, I carried it to the last door adjacent to the others. Shifting the ceramic into my injured palm, I opened up the door and stepped inside, taking in the new apartment smell that still lingered in the air.

The place wasn't different from my old room other than a slight increase in floor space. Still, it was just a single bed, a desk for my non-work PC, what would be the shelving once I put it up, and the small nightstand that sat under the window. Smiling even more to myself, I walked over and delicately placed the vase in the center, a few rays of the sun catching the petals nicely. However, as I pulled my hands away, a single petal broke off and fluttered to the ground.