III. School

I ran to my apartment building with my broken radio. I arrived and pushed open the gate before I heard someone muttering something to them self as they walked behind me on the path. I turned to see who it was and it was the boy from earlier who was beaten up.

"Hey" I shouted so he could hear me. He turned his head around and let out a sigh.

"Thanks for earlier, you know with the radio" I said awkwardly he then fully turned to me.

"Yeah no problem he was an asshole I'm just sorry about you radio" he smiled .

"Oh no it's ok it wasn't you" we then stood there but then he said.

"I gotta go it's getting pretty late but I'll see you around" "yeah bye, wait what's your name?" I asked.

"Oh yeah I'm Daniel, what's yours?" he then questioned.

"I'm Adeline, I'll see you soon" I answer walking backwards towards the gate.

"Yeah bye Adeline" he waved them walked off. I realised I was about to get a lecture on how I shouldn't stay out that late. I opened the door to see my mum in the kitchen, was she waiting for me?

"Hi pumpkin how was the party" she asked calmly.

"It was good" I said confused "are you not mad?" I questioned.

"Oh no no no I remember when I used to go to party's and stay out till 1 and it is currently midnight so it 1 hour early till I would start to get worried or mad" she explained. I just looked at her in shock she would usually tell me off if I was back from a hangout/ party at 10 PM. I slowly walked over to my bedroom door suspicious of her calmness.

I got into my PJ's and put my hair in a messy bun.

I then brushed my teeth went to sleep.

I woke up the next day at 6:00 AM to get ready I got out of bed and went to the kitchen made myself toast and a smoothie. After I ate and drank I went back into my bedroom to shower, face wash, brush my teeth, brush my hair and pick my outfit (at the top)

I sprayed some perfume on and put my hair in a claw clip got my bag and left the apartment.

When I made it to school I was 15 minutes early so I could hang out with the girls. I felt a pear of eyes on my back so I glanced over my shoulder to see Johnny staring at me when he noticed I saw him he gave me a quick wink and turned to his friends surrounding him. I rolled my eyes and walked over to the girls.

"Hi" I said excitedly to them as I approached Ali and Susan. When they saw me they smiled.

"Hi" they said together "what classes do you have?" Ali asked. I went into my bag and grabbed a piece of paper unfolding it showing it to them.

"First class History F32" I said reading the time table Monday period 1.

"I'm in that class, but" she took a pause " so is Johnny and his Cobras" she frowned nodding over my shoulder to them all looking at us... actually they were all looking at me.

"There looking at you" Susan said to me

"Yeah I know" I replied turning back around to the girls shielding one side of my face with my hand.

I pulled them into school because I didn't to want the boys eying us for like the next 10 minutes. I took out my Walkman and played young harts by commuter I play music to get away from the world and to release stress that feeling of relaxation quickly faded as felt someone pull me aside.

I looked at the person who pulled me it was Ali she looked at me intense putting a finger over her lips. I looked behind her to see the boys running into the school shouting.