Episode 7: First Date (Part 2)

Remember to vote and comment. It means the world to me.
"How about here?" You nudge Zenitsu in the side as you walk by a restaurant. Peering through the window, you can make out a small bit of the interior. You don't see much, but it looks super romantic. You push up against the glass, so close that your breath smudges the clear window. You're like a child peering into a toyshop. 

"I don't care where we eat anymore! It's too cold up here, I just wanna go inside!" He's shivering so much his vibrations look like a vibrating dildo! Not the worst thing for your boyfriend to look like. . . There's snow building up on his blond hair and shoulders, which he quickly shakes off. 

The two of you run into the restaurant, the bell above the door jingles as it announces your first date. 

But Zenitsu slows to a halt after taking a look around. He gives you a dead stare, one that you have come to know far too well for you liking. 

"We're totally underdressed." He mutters, looking at the baggy sleeves of his kimono, then at the flowery and extravagant (there's the word again) attire everyone else is adorned in. Some people were so dressed up they looked like fucking Christmas trees. Outside in the crowd, you blended in with everyone. But here, you'd stick out like a kangaroo in an office.

You think for a moment and then brush it off. Who cares, right? You're here to have fun. "Who cares?" You shrug. Throwing your hands in the air dismissively, you walk up to the person manning the reservation desk. But Zenitsu doesn't follow. He's just fidgeting with his fingers uncomfortably. If he doesn't like standing out, why is his orange kimono design as bright as the fucking sun?

"Zenitsu, you'd stand out anyways. You're fucking beautiful." You flatter him in a smooth, loving voice and kiss give him a pec on the cheek. "Just do this for me?" 

His face lights up and he agrees. Almost too easy!

-=+=-

The two of you take a seat at the table that the waiter lead you to. It's a small, circular table with a white table cloth hanging over it. In the center, there is a rose and a candle. It's cliche, but it was also cheap. Actually, it was a lot cheaper than you expected, only ¥200. Perhaps too cheap. God, you hope the food is safe to eat. Cheap restaurants that look this fancy either use child labor, or make meat out of the pig's fucking snout. You don't fail to notice the judgmental glances from the snobs who dressed up to eat at this cheap, child-labor, pig-snout joint. And you attribute them to your lack of formal attire. You don't care, but you can tell it's making Zenitsu a bit uncomfortable. That bites. You were really hoping this would be perfect, but not much you can do about being underdressed. It's freezing outside and the two of you don't want to walk another block to find the next restaurant. 

"So," You start, opening the menu and scanning it carefully and closely. "What's your favourite thing on here?"

"The mochis look nice. . ." He sighs absently. It's like his head is somewhere else right now, maybe it wandered off and took a stroll to somewhere with less high-class clothing. His arms are held tightly at his sides, and he's staring down at his lap. Something is definitely bothering him. Your first instinct is to get him drunk to make him forget that things aren't perfect- you know, what alcohol was originally made for. (Demon Slayer happened back when there were very little laws regulating alcohol). However, you decide that that is a horrible first instinct and you opt to try and cheer him up instead.

"Zenitsu, don't look so down!" You smile at him, hoping that the saying 'smiles are contagious' holds some merit. "We won't make this underdressed mistake again." 

"Hey, [Y/N," He looks up from his lap slightly, and stares into your [E/C] eyes. From the look he gives you, it becomes clear that his woes are stretching far beyond the confines of mere problems of fashion. It's a grim look, heralding the dreaded discomfort of a heavy conversation topic that you are far from qualified to handle.