Prologue

"Finally! I have a job!"

After 3 months of roaming around Seoul to look for a job, I've finally passed. I should tell my friends about this! This is such great news! I can now help my parents with their expenses. I stopped asking money from my parents when I moved here in Seoul. They sometimes give, but I never asked for it.

We're not poor, but we're not rich either.

I stopped on jumping around my room and decided to call my friends. They all joined the call after a sec and I can tell that it's their lunchtime.

Yeah, they all have jobs.

[What's up?] Jennie said. She is just one year older than me. We met at an interview and became friends afterward. I don't know. We just clicked.

[What is it this time? You failed the interview? Or they're still not calling?] Jisoo replied. She is the oldest in the squad. She's friends with Jennie, so we also became friends.

[Hey!] and she is Rosé. Also, Jennie's friend.

We are best friends. They always helped me when life gets tough for me. Especially when I first came here in Seoul, everything was just different.

"Guys, guess what!" I can't hide my excitement.

They all looked at me and wait for my announcement.

"I finally have a job!" they didn't respond for a sec.

"Guys?" I flinched when they suddenly squealed and began to asked me some questions.

[Really? What job?] Jisoo asked.

"Just a secretary. No big deal," I answered as I flipped my hair back.

[This deserves a celebration! Girls, at the club, same time. Call?] Of course, from our party girl. Jennie loves to party.

[That's great! Our band will sing tonight. Wish me luck!] Rosé added.

She joined a band which she is the main vocalist. She also played so many instruments like, different kinds of guitar, piano, and even drums. Being in a band is just her hobby. She's an architect at her family's company. So, let's just say my friends are rich.

"Sure! It's my treat this time."

[You better drink, girl.]

Well... I don't usually drink when we're at a club. I just dance and sipped on it a little. I don't know. It's just a little awkward for me.

"Fine, I will." I'll drink this time. This is my celebration anyway.

--

It's almost time. I need to get ready and be there on time! I'm wearing a black fitted cross neck dress that is just above my knees, then I paired it with my black heeled boots. I also wear some accessories like earrings, necklace, and a watch.

I grab my black Channel sling bag and put my phone, wallet, and some lip gloss inside. I didn't wear that much makeup. I'm more in to natural look. My phone vibrates, so I pull it out from my bag to check it.

jennierubyjane: where the hell are you?!

roses_are_rosie: paging ms. lalisa.

Ugh, of course I'm late. As usual.

lalalalisa_m: coming!

I turned off my phone and put it back inside my bag. I jogged out from my room and checked my apartment to see if there are any appliances that are plugged in. When there's none, I took my keys and went out. I locked it before I walked and entered the lift.

I don't have a car of my own, so I need to grab a taxi. I raised my hand for a taxi and one immediately stopped in front of me. I went into the passenger seat and told him the address. I texted my friends that I am on my way.

After a few minutes ride, I gave him my fee before walking out. I wear my sling bag on my shoulder and went inside the club. I looked for our usual table and I saw them there. I waved my hands when they're looking around while drinking. I smiled when they finally saw me. I walked closer to them and sit beside Jisoo.

"You're late... again" she said, like it's nothing new.

"Come on! I'm just five minutes late." I replied. It's no big deal. The important thing is that I came.

Jennie pushed the drink to me and smirked.

"Congratulations." she said as she drinks on her glass. I smirked back and grab the glass to drink the whole thing. They all cheered for me and gave me another glass.

"Jennie. Someone's staring at you." Rose whispered as she casually drinks on her glass.

"Where?" she asked with a frown and looked around.

"Behind you," Jennie turned his head to look and we did the same. We saw five boys at the table, and they all looked so fine.

My eyes landed on one person. He is my type. They also looked at our table, so I quickly averted my eyes to avoid myself from embarrassment. I take a sip on my glass and played the glass with my fingers.

"He's kinda cute. Not gonna lie," I heard Jennie commented. Jisoo suddenly nudged me that makes me looked at her.

"What?"

She signed me with her eyes to look behind me. I did what she said, and my eyes widened when I met that man's eyes. He is also looking at me? I shifted my gaze to Jennie when she began to walked towards their table.

"What is she doing?" I asked Rosé.

"I guess she's also interested in him." I looked at her again, and they're teasing their friend on Jennie. Well, I think Jennie likes that kind of man.

My eyes landed on that man again, and his eyes didn't leave mine. What's his problem? I started to get conscious on myself. I raised a brow as I turned my back on him. I flinched when someone suddenly touched my arm.

"Let's join them! Come on!" Jennie exclaimed while she is pulling us by our arms.

"What? They're literally complete strangers!" I argued. I don't want to sit with them. What if they are perverts? Handsome perverts!

"Don't be silly. They're nice!" Jisoo pulls her arms away and walked by herself.

Rosé also did the same, and so I did. Gosh, I'm not used to this. We walked to their table and Jennie sat down beside someone. He is the one who's interested in her.

"Hello, beautiful ladies. You can take a seat." they gave us space to sit, and I quickly sat down beside Rosé.

This is so awkward.

"Let me introduce myself." they all began to give their names, including Jennie's man.

"My name's Taehyung. Nice to meet you." I averted my eyes from him and turn to that man who is staring at me a while ago.

I gulped when he's still staring at me.

"I'm Jeon Jungkook." he formally stated. Jeon? That sounds familiar, but I can't remember where did I hear that name.

"I'm Jisoo, and this is Rosé." I guess she knows that Rosé doesn't have any plan to introduce herself. She really doesn't like strangers.

All of their attention were now on me, waiting for me to also introduced myself. Why didn't Jisoo also mention my name?

"I'm Lisa." I bowed a little and gave them a small smile. I looked around because I can still feel that Jungkook eyes on me.

When will he stop?

"I'll just go to the bathroom." I excused myself and get up from their table. I just need to take off his stares from me. I went inside the bathroom, and I quickly regretted my decision when I saw someone making out inside.

"Oh, god." I mumbled as I quickly back out and walked away. That was just disgusting!

"Hello! Good evening, ladies and gentlemen." oh, it's time! I quickly went back to our table where my friends are, and didn't even bother to take a glance on him. I know he's following me with his eyes.

"Today, I'll like to sing my very own composition entitled 'Gone'. I hope you like it." Rosé said through the microphone. I clapped my hands and began to cheer for her.

I thought that you'd remember, but it seems that you forgot

It's hard for me to blame you when you were already lost

Oh, yeah, I'm tired of always waiting, oh, yeah, yeah

I watched her like a proud mom and smiled when she looked at our way. I moved in to the rhythm and feel the song.

Gosh, her voice is just unreal.

All my love is gone

Now you're dead and gone

I shifted my eyes on the table to see if there's any drink. My lips parted when someone pushed a glass in front of me. I looked who is it, and it's him again. He is just shamelessly staring at me. I bowed at him a little and take the glass. I looked at the stage again while drinking the alcohol.

When the song ended, I clapped my hands hard and chanted her name.

It's a great song! She went to our table and drink a glass.

"You had a nice voice." I think his name is Jimin if I'm not mistaken.

"Thank you." Rosé answered and quickly looked away. I drink the whole glass and looked at the guys who's been staring at me. He is not staring at me now. I guess he's already fed up with my face.

"I'll just get some fresh air." I told Rosé before standing up from my seat and go up to the rooftop. I just want some fresh air.

When I arrived, I inhale the fresh air through my nose and slowly breath out. I walked closer to the railings and rest my arms on it. The city lights looked so beautiful. I look up to see the stars and also the moon. Thank you for giving me a job.

"Why are you here alone?" a low husky voice asked. I quickly looked back, and I saw that Jungkook man. I turn around to face him, as I rest my back on the railings. I crossed my arms on my chest and raised a brow at him.

"Are you following me?" I asked. I heard him chuckled and began to walk closer to me. I gulped when he is just inches farther from me. I pull my head away when he leaned forward to meet my eyes.

"Well, yes." he whispered. My eyes widened when his eyes travelled down on my lips.

"W-What?" I tried to sound brave, but I can't. He looks strong and I got intimidated by him.

He stands up properly and hide his hands inside his pockets.

"You're Lisa, right?" he asked as he went beside me and rest his arms on the railings.

"Yes, I am. And you're Jungkook, right?" he looked at me in amused that makes me tilted my head in confusion. Why does he look amused?

Am I wrong? But I heard him say that his name was Jungkook.

"Nice to meet you," he offered his hand for a handshake and I stared at it for a sec. It won't hurt, right? It's just a handshake. And he looks friendly. I accepted his hand and I wait for him to pull away.

"Uhm..." I mumbled when he is not pulling away. I tried to pull my hand, but he gripped my hand tighter. It doesn't hurt though.

I looked up to see him and the side of his lips rose up a little. He leaned forward again that makes me stepped back.

"You're... cute. Exactly my type," he whispered. I bit my lower lip when he winked at me, and finally letting my hand go.

So, he's a playboy.

He is also my type either... if he's not a playboy.

"Tsk. Playboy," I mumbled and looked away to see this gorgeous night city view.

"Trust me, baby. I've never been in a relationship." what did he just call me? I looked at him with a frown, but he is just smiling at me in a flirty way.

"Okay. Flirt then." I heard him chuckled a little and looked at me in amused. He takes a step forward to me, but I didn't bother to step back.

"Hmm, not really. I'm really serious."

It's my turn to chuckle. Yeah, he looks like a serious man when I first saw him. But what happens now?

"Yeah, whatever you say." I looked away from him and stifle my smile.

"Hey, I'm serious." he said, but I can hear him whining a little. I pursed my lips to hide my smile, before turning my head to looked back at him.

"What? I didn't say anything!" I defended.

"You didn't, but you laughed a little." he complained again. Wow, he can be childish if he wants to.

I just chuckled and nod my head.

I quickly stopped laughing when he leaned towards me. His face was now inches away from mine. My eyes widened in surprise! I was caught off guard. His eyes were now seriously gazing at me. I gulped when I can feel his hot breath on my skin. His breath smells like mint with a little bit of alcohol.

He looked at my lips, and back to my eyes.

"Can I?" I didn't say anything and just let him go closer to me. I want to push him away, but something in me wants it. I closed my eyes when I felt his soft lips landed on mine.

I hold the hem of his blazer when he began to moved his lips. I opened my eyes when I heard a sound of a cat.

"W-Wait." I said in between our kisses. I slightly pushed him by his shoulders that makes him stopped. I quickly looked around the place and I saw a cute kitten roaming around.

It looks cute. I sat down without my butt touching the ground and tried to call the cat.

"Hello, kitty kitty. Come here." I baby talked. I pouted when the cat just walked away.

"That's not how you do it." he said as he sat down beside me. I raised my brow at him and watched him.

"Here kitty-kitty." I giggled when I heard him talking in a high-pitched voice.

"Oh my gosh, it's working!" the cat is now walking towards him. He continued what he's doing that makes me laughed.

Serious man he says.

He gently grabs the kitten and make her rest on his arms. I can quickly tell the cat is a girl.

I pat the cat's head gently and caressed its fur softly. She's so cute!

"Can I have her?" I asked. He looked at me and without hesitation, he gave me the kitten. I smiled and stand up while carrying the kitten on my arms.

"That's ours." he said.

"Okay, let's give her a name." I stared at the kitten while thinking of a cute name.

"Can't we just call her kitty?" I looked at him with 'are-you-serious' look.

Can't he think of a better name?

"How about Lily?" I suggested. He pretends to think for a sec but ended up agreeing to my suggestion.

"Alright. Lily then."

--

We ended up spending our time at the rooftop, until Jennie called me that we're now going home.

"Uhm, I need to go." I said as I put my phone back in to my bag.

"Already?" I just nod as a response as I began to walked away. I stopped when he quickly grabbed my arm to stop me.

"Are we going to meet after this?" I didn't answer his question and just stared at him. I don't know what to answer because I, myself, don't know if we're going to meet each other again.

"Text me. I'll wait for you. I need to know how my daughter is doing." yes, he claims that we are the parents of this kitten.

He let my arm go and put a card inside my bag.

"Goodnight. I have so much fun with you tonight." he said.

I smiled because of that.

"I also enjoyed it. Goodnight," I gave him a one last smile before walking away from him.

--

And that is also my last glimpse of him! I don't know where the fvcking card is! I looked for it everywhere, but there's none. I was about to text him, but the card was just gone.

What should I do?

We also visited the club yesterday after three days, but he's not there.

"Lily. Your daddy is nowhere." I said while watching her eat. I sighed deeply and continue watching her.

If I didn't lose that card, maybe we're seeing each other... or not. I sighed deeply and walked in to my room. It's my first day tomorrow. I need to get enough rest.

Maybe someday, we'll meet again.

In different place, in different situations that we don't expect.

Broken SkiesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara