𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲

𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

༻ ❁ ༺

          CHARLOTTE WOKE TO a sweet scent in the air. The first thing she noticed when she abruptly sat up on her bed was that her door was open - she fell asleep with her door closed, like always.

Feeling hopeful, she shoved her comforter off her body and leaped out her bed after somewhat haphazardly fitting her prosthetic in place. Her pace was quick as she shuffled towards the kitchen; her nose picked up on the sweet notes drifting through the hallways.

She had a grin on her lips as she stepped around the corner into the huge kitchen, when she heard a familiar humming and a sizzling sound - and then there he was, with his back to her, using their trusted waffle maker.

"Dad!" she squealed happily, startling him as she saw his shoulders slightly jump.

"Whoa! Jesus Charlie, you almost gave me a heart attack!" Tony half laughed and huffed as he turned around the receive the hug Charlotte was already charging for him.

"You're home! When did you get here?" she asked quickly as he held her tightly, he smelled like he just showered.

"Five hours ago, and before you ask - I slept on the plane back here, so yes, I am very well-rested. And everyone else is still asleep, so pipe down young lady and eat these waffles," he playfully pinched her cheek and Charlotte stopped hugging him to allow her dad to continue cooking because after all, she didn't want burnt waffles.

She sat down by the island, right in front of the counter were a plate with a knife and form, plus and to her surprise, peanut butter and chocolate sauce bottle, "Dad?"

"Hm?" Tony hummed as he took the freshly made waffles and placed them on a bigger plate, right on top of the pile. He then pulled the cord of the machine from the outlet and brought the plate to the counter where she was sitting, settling it in front of her with a knowing smile.

"Why did you make waffles and my favorite chocolate sauce?" she questioned, looking at him. "You only make these when I'm sad, or poorly."

Tony smiled as he served her, placing two waffles on her plate and putting the sauce bottle near her, "I got a message from JARVIS last night. He told me that you were worried and advised me to cook one of your favorite breakfasts, you know, to cheer you up."

Charlotte was stunned, she couldn't verbally express the warm feeling that escalated quickly within her heart. This, however, wasn't the Extremis, it was love.

"Thank you, JARVIS." she called out as Tony served himself.

"You're quite welcome, Miss. I do hope you're feeling more at ease this morning."

"I am," she giggled. "See? Waffles can fix anything."

"How right you are, Miss."

Tony watched her with an affectionate smile. Seeing his daughter's appreciation for JARVIS still made him happy.