Sixth Year // Chapter 4

Start from the beginning

The second group was comprised of ten of the silliest girls we have ever encountered, who, when he blew his whistle, merely fell about giggling and clutching one another. Romilda Vane was amongst them. When he told them to leave the pitch, they did so quite cheerfully and went to sit in the stands to heckle everyone else. The third group had a pileup halfway around the pitch. Most of the fourth group had come without broomsticks. The fifth group were Hufflepuffs.

"Why the fuck are they even here?" I muttered to Ginny.

"Probably just to see 'The Chosen One." Ginny mocked while pretending to swoon.

"Like you wouldn't be in the same boat, Gin Gin."

"What?"

"Nothing." I sang turning back to see Harry's last crack in his sanity open.

"If there's anyone else here who's not from Gryffindor," roared Harry, who was starting to get seriously annoyed, "leave now, please!" There was a pause, then a couple of little Ravenclaws went sprinting off the pitch, snorting with laughter. 

"I swear, can we have one normal year with Quidditch?" I moan as I smack my head onto my broom handle. 

Eventually, the trails went on so we could get narrowed down to six viable options for chasers, four options for beaters, and two options for Keeper. Ginny, myself, Dean, Katie Bell, Demelza Robins, and a small second-year boy named Austin Ansonberry were all trying for the three openings for Chasers, and the one open reserve spot.

For Beater, Seamus, Richie Coote, Jimmy Peaks, and Jackson Brown (no relation to Lavender) were all trying for the two open beater slots. Leaving Ron and Cormac McLaggen fighting for the Keeper position.

"I hope Ron gets it," Ginny said as we took off and started to do some laps while waiting for the others to get up in the air. 

"Yeah, I don't want to deal with Cormac McLaggen at all." I spat as he flew over to the goal post in front of us. He smiled smugly at us, obviously trying to get into our pants. 

"Hello, ladies."

"Fuck off, McLaggen!" We both choused at the same time making him falter on his broom as we zipped to the other side by Ron. Once we were all up in the air, Harry let loose the Bludgers and tossed the Quaffle up in the air. I grabbed it first and started zooming around the pitch and passed it to Ginny. Ginny then zoomed over to Ron's goal posts and chucked the Quaffle at the top one, and low and behold Ron zipped over and blocked it knocking it down at Dean, who zoomed off towards McLaggen's hoops.

"Go, Ron!" A clapping came from the stands. I glanced over to see Lavender Brown practically jumping up and down to get Ron's attention. All throughout the rest of the trails, Ron continued to save goal after goal, shower Cormac was as well. Finally, it came down to the last goal. Ron narrowly missed it causing us all to groan as it looked like McLaggen might get the spot.

However, as I went to throw a goal and McLaggen zoomed over to catch it as he reached out and tried to grab it but zoomed off to the side completely missing it. We all couldn't help but laugh as McLaggen got angry. However, Harry told him to basically piss off, after the fifth time of asking to have a redo.

"Look, you have your chance! You missed, that's it!" Harry shouted. "Now just go wait for the list to be posted in the coming week." Cormac just was furious and stormed off the pitch. So the rest of us went to the showers and got washed off and went on with our day. 

After Harry said he'd post the list tomorrow morning, he along with Ron and Hermione decided to go see Buckbeak (which Sirius had sent back to Hagrid under the name Witherwings) and to attempt to talk to Hagrid.