Chapter Eighteen

Zacznij od początku

Click.

"Awww, did he finally teach you how to turn the safety off on a gun? That's too cute. Maybe next he'll teach you how to fucking use it without being a pussy about it,"

I knew I was pressing his nerves, but he was pressing my word. It was more important to follow up on allegations of leaked information than it was to wait around with our thumbs up our assess, giving the informant more time to spread names.

"This is why we get laughed at, Tim. Our group is a mess on the field, and it's due to your horrible leadership. You act on impulse rather than intelligent decision; you make yourself look stupid without Toby's or my own help. I wouldn't be surprised if our master gives him a promotion,"

And that was it. I swung the crowbar the rest of the way down as hard as I could, but he dodged it with merely an inch to spare as the metal tool collided with the floor, splintering the wood where it had hit. I had swung so hard that the end of the crowbar had dug itself a deep hole on impact, creating a large hole in the wooden flooring when I dislodged it.

In the same moment it had taken me to dislodge the metal weapon, he had re-aimed his gun directly at my forehead, the short barrel of the weapon making direct contact with my skin. 

"These are the impulses you act on that will one day leave you dead."

And the impulses you don't act on will one day leave you worthless to him, Brian. Jack's name was given to his hostage. He's one of the best associates in the entire operation, and if the existence of him is leaked, it'll cause fucking chaos. They will hunt for him again as they did before. The outsiders can't comprehend anything beyond themselves.

Knowing he could read my thoughts, I waited for some sort of reaction. For his gun to lower, for his mind to answer the reasoning in my own, for some sign of fucking life from the mannequin-like bastard.

If this goes wrong, you are to take the entire fault of it. 

You wouldn't know that Neil was arrogant, unfaithful, or secretive from looking at him on the outside. And honestly, you couldn't tell from the inside, either. As far as I could see, his insides looked like every other worthless life we had taken before his, and likely after his. 

His head, so full of information he had the audacity to leak was popped and drained of any thought all together. Not once, not twice, but three times.

His once decently-decorated apartment now reeked of gunpowder and was plastered in vomit and copious amounts of blood. He had been a sniveling mess before he finally died, snot bubbling out of his nose and blood pouring down his ears from the sound of the bullets breaking into his skull bursting his eardrums.

Brian had shot the fucker three times directly to the dome, while I delivered graphic blows to his ribcage. I must have stuck the metal rod into his chest over ten times; however many it was exactly I wasn't sure, but it was enough to open the chest cavity completely. You'd think his heart would have been something huge to have the love for his wife, his kids, and his mistress all packed in there, but it proved to be quite unimpressive. An little ugly thing, barely big enough to fit his narcissistic love for himself inside.

And it was a good thing that his wife and kids weren't home, it was always a bitch trying to haul screaming and kicking children back to the boss.

I comically wiped my mask with my arm, Neil's blood smearing onto the fabric of my heavy jacket. 

"Are you happy now, Tim?"

I threw my head to the right of me to look at Brian who was holstering his gun into his waistband when my attention was pulled toward the window just behind him.

"Hey, Brian, is that..?"

I nodded my head toward the window, and he followed my masked gaze as he too looked out the second story window.

"Yeah, it is. What is he doing stalking around here?"

And with that, Brian confirmed seeing the same thing I had; a white-sweatshirt clad, sickly-pale skinned associate stalking his way towards the woods; the direct way to Jack's cabin.

--NEIL IS DEAD. GONE, BYE BYE, HAVE A GREAT SUMMER!!!

Oh my god this chapter was so needed, and buckle up because it all goes to shit after this y'all!

I'm super excited to write the next chapter tomorrow, thought about writing it tonight but like i gotta work and such :(

And as always, if you're going to Meatball, do it Extravagantly.--