2

" every time the moon shines,
i become alive. "
|⋅⋅⋅⋅⊰⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⊰⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅⋅|

"Today." Magnolia murmured to Sam Uley as she stood in the La Push high school parking lot, her backpack strung across her shoulder. Sam Uley's brow furrowed as his lips pulled down in a frown, before Magnolia Holt glanced over her shoulder. Jared Cameron stood around the lot with Paul Lahote at his right, and a couple of sophomores that Magnolia didn't know. "He's coming today, Sam."

"Fuck, okay- okay Mags." Sam Uley Drew Magnolia Holt into a hug, so he could drop his voice and whisper low to the sixteen year old. "You know who's next?"

"Of course I do, idiot." Magnolia pulled back, and accepted her metal to-go mug of coffee when Sam offered it out. "You know the deal though, one at a time. Don't want to get ahead of ourselves."

"I know just- you say huge and..." Sam Uley wasn't a hundred percent what he felt, but it was this tremble of power that fluttered in his chest. "It's strong, Mags."

"I know." Magnolia hummed slightly, before she took a slow sip of the warm coffee in her hand. "It'll be okay, I've seen it."

"Okay twerp-" Sam pushed Magnolia slightly, reigned in his force ever-so, even though Magnolia over exaggerated her tumble on her heels. "Go to class, you get out at one today?"

"Mhm- I'll see you then, Alpha." Magnolia dropped her left eye in a wink, before she did a small salute with her free hand pointer finger. Sam Uley flipped Magnolia the bird with a laugh- and only moved into the truck once Magnolia had fully turned and started her way into the school building.

Magnolia Holt didn't necessarily have friends anymore- not after she started to hang around Sam more. It wasn't that Sam was disliked (even though that was partially the case), it was more so that stares that Sam Uley gave. He was so paranoid, paranoid of the countless teens that lived on La Push- even though Magnolia told him to hold it back. She'd seen all of it, all of the shifting orders- and she wasn't wrong on who would come and when they'd come. Because of that- Magnolia's friends gave her an ultimatum.

Drop Sam or they'd drop her.

If you asked Magnolia, the choice was easy.

Magnolia hummed slightly to herself as she made her way into her school, veered sharply to the left once through- and was set on the path of her home room. Only three classes not including her home room, one of which was a self-study class. Not too bad Magnolia had decided when picking her coursework once her grandparents enrolled her back when they moved to the area.

Magnolia entered her home room first, the only other person there being her teacher- who nodded at her with a small smile as she continued to talk on her cell phone. Magnolia snagged a seat in the back corner of the room, and dropped her bag at her feet carefully as she sat down. As much as Magnolia liked her visions, liked to see into the future- she got so tired sometimes. Magnolia drew in a deep breath through her nose, and huffed out the air fast- before she took as large of a gulp of her coffee she could.

The coffee helped, it always did.

Magnolia watched the students stagger in- watched the few that ignored her, and smiled back at the ones that offered her weary smiles. Jared Cameron walked through the doors right before last bell, with Paul Lahote trailing after him- the two boys loudly discussing something they'd watched last night. Magnolia turned to her bag when they started to scan the room, knowing in her gut and in her third eyesight where they'd sit.