smashed papaya and the candle

Lucas and I were walking up the stairs to meet Otto my otter. So I can introduce him to the family when I heard.

"Luisa can't lift an empanada, Rilla FAINTED, Mariano nose looks like a SMASHED PAPAYA, HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND-." Was all I heard, before the door slammed closed.

We exchanged looks, hurrying along to my room. We grab Otto and a few oysters and make our way back. When I quickly signal to Lucas to watch my back. I turn to the painting and walk in.

"What?! Where are we going?." He whispers following me, all the way we reach my tio.

"Oh hey Rilla- AH." Tio shouts looking at Lucas. "What- what I-" I cut tio off.

"Tio meet Lucas, Lucas here is my..." Lucas cuts in, "I'm her fiancé."

Tio does a double take looking at this green glass thingy then back at me and Lucas.

"No- no this is not happening." He walks over pulling me away from Lucas. "You! Stay there- what did your father say- ARE YOU PREGNANT!?." Screaming the last part out, he and his mice circle around me, checking my stomach to see if I'm pregnant.

"No! Tio I'm not pregnant but you really need to come out." I laugh before getting serious.

We talk or we'll argue that tio can't stay here and then Lucas and I hear our names being called out. We rush back out only to be met with Isa and Mira looking... colorful. Shacking the thought off I see Abuela storm over.

"What are you talking about? Look at our home? Loom at your sister?." She said looking between them.

"Please, Isabela wasn't happy- of course she isn't happy you ruined her proposal- no, no, no no she needed me to ruin her proposal and we did all this and the candle burned brighter and the cracks in the wall- mirabel- that's why I'm in the vision, I'm saving the miracel- mirabel you have to stop. The cracks started because of you, bruno left because of you, Luisa loosing her power, Isabela is out of control, MARILLA FAINTED. Because of you. I don't know why you weren't given a gift but it is not an excuse to hurt this family."

It was silent, I didn't know what to do other than try and walk closer to Mira before I was stopped by the others.

"I will never... be good enough... for you..will I?" She said with tears in her eyes.

"No matter how hard, I try." She looks at us.

"No matter how hard ANY of us tries. Luisa wouldn't be strong enough, Isabela won't be perfect enough, rilla won't even be enough for you to appreciate her. Bruno left our family because you only saw the worst in him." She said, stepping closer to ahuela, voice raising.

"Bruno didn't care about this family." Feeling angry at the state me I call out, voice reasoning with mirabel.

"He loves this family-" mirabel continued, "I love this family. WE all love this family, YOUR the one that doesn't care, YOUR the one breaking OUR home." Voice breaking, as the ground started shaking.