if only

┌─────── ∘°❉°∘ ───────┐

Lucas was sure about one thing, is that it was not easy as it seems. The minute he walked up to the house, his family were given pair of rollerskates and was rushed inside, seeing as they were the last ones there, they were quickly, if not pushed, through the door by Marillas grandmother before he could even utter a hello.

He didn't even get the chance to look at her properly, without his mother pulling him and apologizing for being late. In all honesty they weren't even late in his mind, if anything the grandmother needs to get over herself. But he but his tongue and walked in. As he looked around he couldn't help but look in awe at the family working around and showing their 'gifts'. He wasn't the only one, he looked around and saw everyone having the same reaction.

"Welcome to our Encato, this is where we live, in Casita." As if it had a mind of it's own, a tile on the floor moved them around as if to greet them before setting them down on a bench.

"You should probably put the ice skates otherwise you'll slip and fall. Wait, i haven't introduce myself, I'm Mirabel, older sister of Marilla, and I welcome you to her birthday." Said Mirabel looking at the door with a thoughtful look. We do as she says before we get pulled away to another Madrigal.

"Hola I'm Luisa, and this is my sister Isabela- we welcome you to our little sisters 16 birthday- so skate, eat, talk and enjoy yourself." They both said, Luisa lifting a heavy pot plant and Isabela showering us in beautiful petals of hydrangeas, bell flowers and irises.

We skate over to the food area where we were greeted of an exact replica of myself. Alongside a little boy around the twins age, and a girl staring at a boy walking past.

"Ah you made it, don't we look good." 'I' said winking and flexing my muscles, "I heard you do bull fighting... do you really kill those poor bulls." The little boy said with tears in his eyes, before I could answer my brothers step in, "Well duh? What else is he supposed to do- sing to it- that's weird- really weird." Slapping my forehead the little boy runs of, my brothers following.

"Hey I really didn't mean to-." I got cut off, "It's okay, my name is Camilo and that was my little brother Antonio, the girl over there talking to your parents is my older sister Dolores." He said shifting back into himself before going back to stuffing his face up with Arepas.

I turn around to see my parents talking to what seems to be the mothers of all these Madrigals that I have been seeing. I walk over to them.

"Hijo meet Pepa and Julieta. Julieta is that kind girl Marilla mother and Pepa here is the mother of the twins new friend Antonio." Smiling, I walk over and give the both of them a hug, introducing myself.

"Hola senorita Pepa, senorita Julieta. It's a pleasure meeting you, I hope Antonio is okay, I may have frightened him a little." Awed by the gesture they both greet Lucas.

"Oh Antonio is fine now, and thank you for being so considerate." Senorita Pepa said, while Julieta started talking to my mother.

"Your son is very polite, and Marilla you say. I hope she treated you well." Feeling concerned if she treated us badly, "oh no she was very kind and helpful and as much as my son denies, he is quite smitten  by her." My mum said embarrassing me.