CHAPTER TWELVE

It's been two months since that awful dinner. It's been an exhausting two months, I am literally counting down the days till I get to pop these babies out of me. Lex has been great throughout my mood swings and crying fits. I've been crying so much. The smallest things actually trigger the waterworks.

One night we were cuddling in bed while watching Rudderless. I cried so hard when it got to the part where Billy Crudup sang before the movie ended. I was an inconsolable mess. I remember yelling at the screen, "Damn you William. H. Macy. Why make a mess of my heart with this movie?"

Poor Lex couldn't do anything except try to calm me down with tender words and kisses. But in all honesty that movie wrecked me. The story was beautiful and I think that if anyone can sit through it with a dry eye, then they're a psychopath. 

Gigi and Bryce have finally gotten some sort of peace treaty going on with their mothers and Evelynn came to apologize to me a few days after I got home from the hospital.

Lex was not so happy to see Evelynn, he glared at her the entire time she was here. He even refused to leave me alone with her in the living room. The man held my hand throughout the whole conversation. I could tell that it was more to calm him down than me. Evelynn is going to have to do a lot more to be in my husband's good books.

She was also uncomfortable with being near Alexander. I could see how skittish she was and the visible fear in her eyes. She told me that she was sorry and that she had no right to say any of the stuff that she said.

"That was wrong of me and I apologise. Bryston and his father sat me down, to talk to me about my behavior that night." she shot a glance at Lex, "Y-your husband also s-spoke to me and I really am sorry Rosalie. I hope you can find in your heart to forgive me.

I sat there for a moment and watched as she kept her gaze on her hands which were placed upon her lap. The stutter got to me. I could hear the fear in her voice. My gaze went up to Lex's face, he just sat there with a deep scowl on his face. The picture of a broody, villain.

What did this man say to Evelynn that had her shaking in her red bottom boots?

After I told her that I forgave her and would like to move on from what happened. She seemed very grateful and within a few minutes made her way out of our home.

I could not help but to pry and ask Lex what he said to her. He simply shrugged and said he simply told her to know her place.

He then went to the kitchen whistling to himself while I sat on the couch with a hanging jaw.

***

On the morning of Lex's birthday this year, I awoke to him planting kisses all over my face. Reluctantly opening my eyes, I am graced with his handsome face, a wide grin on his lips.

"You look very happy." I comment.

He kisses my cheek again, "It's my birthday and you're the first person I get to see every single morning when I wake up for the rest of my life."

His reasoning makes me smile along with him. "Smooth Mr. Cain."

"You love it Mrs. Cain."

"Damn straight I do." I caress his stubble covered cheeks while still on my back in bed, "Happy birthday baby."

The smile on his face widens and his eyes sparkle with joy and love. We hold on each other's gazes, "Thank you my love." he then plants a kiss on my lips.

Lex literally has no regard for the fact that I never like kissing him before I have brushed my teeth in the mornings. I don't have foul morning breath, but I like having a fresh mouth before I kiss my husband. He on the other hand really does not care. The man will not shy away from my lips even if I've just eaten a lot of garlic bread. And I love garlic bread.