~chapter 9~

I woke up to the sound of knocking, I was still sleepy but I got up and opened the door, "hello?" nightmare was standing on the door way, "good morning swap, we do not have an alarm for you right now so I woke you up instead" I yawned and nodded my head "alright come for breakfast, dust and killer made pancakes" I nodded my head and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and change my clothes, this is the day I actually start my job as a nurse. I changed into the nurse outfit, I don't mind the dress anymore, its kind of comfy actually. I headed out of the room and went to where I think is the kitchen, but I ended up getting lost. I kept walking around and came across horror "where ya going pal?" he was asking me with a creepy smile, I answered back "um.. I wanted to go to the kitchen but I got lost.." I looked down at the floor and horror just said "alright come, I was going to the kitchen anyways" I followed him and after maybe 3 minutes, we reached the kitchen, the smell of sweet pancakes filled the air, it smelled amazing! "you must like the smell of dust and killer's pancakes, trust me, its like you just entered heaven" . Once I entered the kitchen, horror was right, it smelled so heavenly, I almost drooled at the smell of it. I went to killer and asked if I could help in any way, he just replied with "oh! Put the plates on the table, would ya?" while pointing at the plates on the counter then pointing at the table, I nodded my head as I grabbed the plates and started putting it on the table. Dust came and put the pancakes on the middle of the table, as I went back to the kitchen to bring forks to the table, I noticed something red on the counter, it looked a lot like spilled ketchup, I found a towel and started wiping it. The stain looked so thick and dark in red, almost like a maroon-ish color. Cross passed me and said "oh hey, didn't know you worked here" I looked at him, he was picking up some eggs to cook it, I asked "why aren't you eating the pancakes?" he stared at me with disgust on his face, "ew, do you even know what they put in it?" I shook my head, he sighed and said "well then, what are you cleaning?" I stared at the stain and said "ketchup?" he started laughing "pfftt, good guess but that actually blood" I let go of the towel in shock and backed away from the stain "blood...? Why-" I was cut out when he said "because people here are insane, I was just like you when I first joined, naïve, then I found out all their dirty secrets. Since then, I never ate food they cooked.... anyways do you want some eggs?" I was still in shock but I still nodded my head. "you know, me and you are the only sane people here, im not sure about boss, but I doubt he's sane anyways" I looked down at the floor, I never thought I'd clean blood ever before in my life, I just wanted to make friends and join the royal guards. I never wanted to do anything for anyone bad, I wanted to be the best and make good friends. But now that's not possible... I started tearing up silently and cross noticed "woah buddy, are you alright?" I nodded my head and wiped my tears away, little did I know, nightmare was enjoying my suffering... I told cross I was alright and went to help him with the eggs. Cross was really funny, I laughed a lot to the point I forgot about my sadness. When the eggs was finished, we took our plates and we sat at the table and ate. The eggs tasted great. Once everyone had finished, I took everyones plates and washed it. I woke thick and tight gloves while washing it, theres no way I would even touch the pancakes at this point. When I was done I wanted to go to my room until nightmare called me, "blue, we are going to have a fight with your 'friends' and if they somehow win, go to the attic, its near my office, just go up there and hide. Don't. Let. Them. Find. You." 

~authors note!!~
sorry for not updating for so long! i had a vacation and was going out with my family alot, i will try to update more but thank you for waiting! <3

make sure to drink water and get good sleep, you are loved and you always will be! have good day/night! <3333