Duo: A Petite Savior

It was a good morning in the town of XXX. The school kids were studying in their respective classrooms, the household dogs were feasting on their meal, and Isaac was taking a longer shower than usual.

The sound of water droplets hitting skin and marble flooring reverberated in the shower cubicle.

Isaac slicked back his wet hair and continued standing in the shower, contemplating the same question in his head over and over.

[Should I get a girlfriend?]

He'd been thinking this exact question since he first woke up. This question was also the reason why he was showering longer than usual.

[Haaah....nah, I shouldn't get one. I'll just focus on my work....]

His jaw ever-so-slightly clenched in frustration.

-all-

"Mghmmm..." Ina stretched her back after she finished her stream with a relieved groan.

She just finished a Minecraft stream collaboration with some hololive Japanese members. It was really fun and entertaining for them and most of the viewers watching.

[Mhhuu... I'm hungry.]

Ina slouched in her chair lazily, losing almost all sense of productivity.

[I guess I should cook something.....takoyaki sounds nice.]

She placed her headphones on her desk and walked to the kitchen with a hop to her steps after hypontizing herself with a Japanese cuisine.

Ina got all of the needed ingredients and started cooking with the help of a few tentacles to multi-task.

-close-

"Mhmmmm...!"

[Sometimes I surprise myself with how good I cook.]

Ina smiled contently at her finished product; a plate full of takoyaki with special sauce dribbled over them.

She was watching a TV show while sitting on the couch, using two tentacles to eat. One holding a toothpick and the other holding the plate up.

[Situations like these make me glad I have tentacles.]

She sucked up a ball of takoyaki into her mouth, causing her cheek to swell up because of the takoyaki she was chewing.

-paint-

Isaac walked into his living-room-connected-kitchen and saw something from his nightmares.

A cockroach. A wicked vermin from hell.

"Tssshiiit..." he muttured under his breath.

Isaac reeled back his body slowly and walked away from the cockroach.

He grabbed a book from his coffee table and carefully approached the critter.

He pulled back his hand over his shoulder and threw the book towards the enemy.

The book hit the floor, producing a loud noise.

The little creature was still alive, however. The book somehow missed the cockroach by a hair.

The insect crawled towards Isaac, seeking protection from the mad titan.

"WAAOOAH!" the big tough guy screamed in big tough manliness.

Isaac jumped on the kitchen counter, his heartbeat beating faster and faster every second.

"Awhhhh nahahaha..." he said and laughed in denial.

He had one of those moments where you laugh at yourself because of a stupid action.

Isaac looked around to find something to kill the cockroach with.