Part Twenty: (Theatricality) FUCKING, POINTY THING!

Start from the beginning

"They're doing Gaga," Kurt said.

"Oh, that's it. It's over."

"Exactly!" your sister stressed out, agreeing with Mercedes.

"Uh, how is it over?"

"We should have guessed it," Kurt continued, beating himself up about it. Mercedes and Quinn reacted just as disappointedly, from where you could see them. "They're going for full-out theatricality. They know it's the easiest way to beat us. Damn them!"

"Yes, damn them. Damn them all to hell!" you yelled, pretending to throw something onto the ground. Turning to Matt, shaking your head at the boy, confused by what was going on.

"What's up with this Gaga dude?" Puck asked, "He dresses weird, right? Like Bowie?"

"I'm surprised you even know who Bowie is."

"Lady Gaga is a woman!" Kurt snapped, defending one of the women he loves, "She's only the biggest pop act to come along in decades. She's boundary-pushing, The most theatrical performer of our generation. And she changes her look faster than Britt changes her sexual partners."

"That's true," Brittany agreed with the boy.

You nodded, looking over to Puck. "Yeah, he's right. Lady Gaga is pretty cool."

"It makes sense that Vocal Adrenaline would pay homage. It's a brilliant move. She's a perfect fit for them."

"Now, hold on a second." Mr Schue raised his finger. "We might be able to kill two birds with one stone here. We can help Tina find a new look and find a competitive number for regionals. This week, your assignment: Gaga."

'Oh, fuck'

All the girls, and Kurt, became super excited by this weeks lesson. While the boys, and yourself, looked less than pleased, to say the least.

The boys mainly because they just didn't wanna do 'Gaga'.

And you, because you didn't want to feel uncomfortable like you had when you were made to song 'Halo' and 'Walking On Sunshine' like you were during mash-up week.

"Pens. I need pens," Rachel said, snapping her fingers in front of her, "My ideas just come to me."

"Uh, my office." Mr Schuester pointed her in the direction of the room.

"I'm brainstorming."

"Yeah, I can tell from the way you're flailing your arms about," you stated to the girl as she walked away, all too used to this, thanks to living with her, your whole life.

---

The next day you were forced into driving your sister and two of your friends, including your crush, to spy on Carmel High.

Rachel opened the door to the auditorium like she had done it a hundred times before.

Which... now that you think about it, was probably true.

"Do they not lock their doors?" you asked, confused. Considering this was the biggest competition, and how seriously they took things, you would expect them to lock their doors during their rehearsals.

"You think they can see us?" Mercedes asked as she lead the way, sneaking over towards a row of seats closest to the balcony.

"If they catch us are we gonna have to go to jail?" Quinn whispered.

"What?" you gave an amused scoff, "No. We won't go to jail. God, Fabray, remind me to never go over the limit with you in the car, you'll think we'd get life, or something."