Part Seventeen: (Bad Reputation) Run, Joey, Run

Depuis le début

"Wait." You perked up slightly in your seat. "What did I place?"

"Third," Tina said, "Just above Puck."

You pulled an understanding face. "I can deal with that. Well, I can deal with it no matter what, 'cause I don't need a piece of paper telling me who I am."

"Okay." Your teacher shook his head, bringing the attention back to him. "Here's the important point. Between this." He showed the slip of paper. "And posting Coach Sylvester's personal video on YouTube, you guys are getting a pretty bad reputation."

"Why is that a bad thing?" Artie voiced his question, "Maybe if we seem more dangerous, people would stop flushing my glasses down the toilet."

"Just point them out to me," you called over to the boy.

Mr Schuester sighed, coming forward to hand out sheet music. "Look, things are hard right now. I get it, you're under a lot of pressure with Regionals coming up, and I know that winning sectionals hasn't had the positive effect on your popularity that a lot of you thought it would. But becoming what you despise is not the answer."

"Man, this song is whack."

"No, it's not," he told Mercedes, "It's a terrific song on a long list of top hits that, because of some time or bad press, has become a joke. And like you guys, it's time to start rehabilitating its bad reputation."

"This is actually a pretty fun song," you admitted, soon noticing the looks everyone was giving you, "What? Learn to have some fun."

"Exactly, Y/N." Mr Schue pointed at you with the paper clasped within his hand. "The assignment for the week is for all of you to find songs like this. Mine them for what works, and make them great again. And then, hopefully , you can apply this musical lesson to your own lives."

"This song should be arrested for the crime of sucking."

You raised your booted foot high off the ground and lined it up directly behind the back of Jesse's head, so wanting to kick him. Quinn reached a hand over, placing it upon your knee, then gently pushing, making you set your foot firmly back down on the ground.

"You wanna bet?" the teacher challenged.

"Oh no, he didn't," Artie called.

"Hit it!"

Yo, V.I.P.

Let's kick it

Starting to regret what you said as you watched your teacher spin in place.

Ice, ice, baby

All right, stop, collaborate and listen

Ice is back with a brand-new invention

Something grabs ahold of me tightly

Flow like a harpoon daily and nightly

You couldn't contain the laugh that emitted from you as you watched your teacher dance with Puck and Mike.

Will it ever stop, you?

I don't know

Turn off the light, huh

And I'll grow

Tina pulled a face at the rapping man as he came closer.

To the extreme

I rock a mike like a vandal

Light up a stage

Wax a chump like a candle