Part Twelve: (Mattress) Bouncy, Bouncy, Bouncy, BREAK UP!

Start from the beginning

"No," Santana easily lied.

"Yeah, totally," Brittany said, not putting two and two together.

You sighed.

"There's no stopping you, is there?"

"No," Santana repeated, shaking her head, only making you sigh again.

"Just. Just fuck with someone else's picture while I'm here or something. Or else I'll take your pens and draw on your actual faces."

Giggling, the girls turned the page and targeted another student as you slid into the seat beside Quinn.

"Hey, blondie, what's up?"

"Nothing." She shook her head, eyes saying something different.

"Oh yeah, 'cause I totally believe that."

"Just baby stuff, I guess." Quinn shrugged just as the bell rang through the school.

"Don't you two have a free period?" Santana asked as she and Brittany rose from their seats together.

"Yeah, I think so."

"Oh, well then, enjoy your date," she teased over her shoulder, laughing as you flipped her off.

"I could punch her sometimes."

"Welcome to my world," Quinn said, reaching over to slide the open yearbook around so that it was sitting in front of her. Skipping straight to the Cheerios section.

"I know you miss it."

"How can you tell?"

Placing your hand over hers, holding the side of the 'Thunderclap'. Rubbing your thumb over the soft skin of her knuckles, hoping to give her some form of comfort.

The blonde looked at you, partly waiting for you to say something and partly knowing you weren't going to.

You shot her a small, tight-lipped smile, leaning to the side to bump your shoulder with hers.

"It's not all bad. At least you don't have to deal with Sue every day. And with her training you."

Quinn chuckled lightly.

"It's just... with these photos coming up, it's hitting me all again, you know?"

"Yeah, I get that. You just want to see that you were a part of that team." You jabbed your finger into the Cheerios photo. "When you look back on it. I guess it must feel really weird having no control in being on the team or not when you used to be the captain."

"I guess you could call it 'weird'."

"Hey." You nudged her shoulder again. "But the captain wouldn't be sitting here with me, would she?"

"Probably not."

"Right. So there is a good side to this, after all." Rising from your seat, you continued, "At least for me. Now, let's go get some pizza."

Shaking her head, Quinn moved to follow after you with a chuckle.

Only able to think one thing.

'What would she do without you?'

---

"Kurt," Rachel announced her presence by striding up to the boy playing a tune on the piano.

"Gah!" You yelled, snapping your attention to your sister from where you stood leaning against the side of the piano, "You need like a bell or something. Give me a bit of warning."

She ignored your comments, instead moving to offer Kurt a proposition.

"I have a fantastic idea for a club that would officially make me the most involved student in the whole school. I want us to start a 'Gay Lesb All'."