Part Nine: (Wheels) They See Me Rollin' They Hatin'

Почніть із самого початку

---

"What about Target?"

"Tried. They're not hiring."

" Another doctor bill came to my parent's house last night, Finn," she pressed, "We're lucky I'm clever and intercepted it."

"AKA. She heard the car pull up and got the letter before they could."

"But we have to start paying these doctor's bills, or they're gonna go to a collection agency. And then my parents are gonna find out that I'm with child, your child."

Your brows drew together and raised at the same time as you looked down at them.

You said that you wouldn't tell Finn, and against your better judgement, you were going to keep to your word.

But sometimes, it was just hard to stop your face from having a mind of its own.

"All right, guys," Mr Schue announced his presence, "We're doing a new number for Sectionals. I know that pop songs have sorta been our signature pieces. But I did a little research on past winners, and it turns out that the judges like songs that are more accessible."

You looked down at the sheet music Tina had passed your way, reading the song title as you blindly passed the stack of paper to Puck.

'Defying Gravity'

You've heard that from somewhere.

You're sure you have.

"Stuff they know. Uh, standards, Broadway.

"'Defying Gravity'?" Kurt asked excitedly, "I have an iPod shuffle dedicated exclusively to selections from 'Wicked'. This is amazing."

Ah, right. That's where you knew it from.

You sighed. You weren't the biggest fan of this song.

But that was mostly because Rachel loved it and sings it a lot.

"Think you can handle it, Rachel?"

"It's my go-to shower song," she informed the teacher, both of them not noticing Kurt's disappointed face, "It's also my ringtone."

"I wish it was neither of those things."

"Why do we have to go all vanilla on this song?" Mercedes asked, "See, what we need is my chocolate thunder."

You pointed her way. "I might actually like the song if Mercedes sang it."

"Okay, we don't have time to rearrange the song for you, Mercedes. Rachel is singing it. Don't worry. We'll find something for you to dip in chocolate."

Chuckles filled the room, and you said, "Lame."

"On to item two," Mr Schue continued, "The school won't pay for the special bus we need to take Artie and his wheelchair with us to sectionals."

"W-W-What?"

"Yeah, Mr Schue, that's not right."

"That's completely unfair," your sister pointed out.

" So , we're going to have to raise money to pay for it ourselves . See, when I was in Glee Club, and we needed new silk cummerbunds for Regionals, we held a bake sale."

"Wait. You're joking, right?" Santana asked, "I mean, bake sales are kind of bougie ."

"So, hip people stopped eating delicious sugary treats?"

"It's not that," Brittney spoke up next, "It's most of us don't know how to bake. I find... recipes confusing."

"My family's fully committed to take out."