Chapter 22

I'm in the cabin when I hear a knock at the door.
I wipe my eyes and dust off my dress before opening it.
At first I don't see anyone then I look up and see a tall frame staring over me.
Gryphon.
I'm in the middle of slamming the door shut before he jams his arm in it and opens it again. He leans against the door frame and looks down at me.
"I've been a bitch haven't I." He says.
"HA- you think!?" I yell.
I walk back and forth mumbling insults and half finished sentences before I notice that he's zoned out at me, smiling.

"Augh!" I try slamming the door again and he grabs my hand.
A weird sensation travels down my arm and he smiles.
"I'm really terrible at first impressions. Let's start over."
I'm about to refuse, until something tells me not to.
"Hi I'm Gryphon." He extends his hand.
"I'm Maggie." I shake his hand, but he pulls me forwards to his lips and everything is on fire and his lips move with mine and I stumble back.

I gasp. I hear snickers from the distance and see him hysterically laughing.
"Why would I actually like you," he chokes on his words.
Streams of hot tears run down my face and I kick mud at him which sets him off again. I slap him hard and kick him, before running off.

Behind the cabin I sit on a bench and sob and sob. This was the worst day.

I feel someone sit beside me and look up. It was that black haired girl- Lucy I think it was.
"Jeez sorry." I clean myself up.
"No." She says softly. She puts an arm around me and I cry into her for what feels like hours.

"Your mascaras running." She remarks after some time. All of a sudden I burst into laughter and hesitantly she joins in.

"Sorry." I giggle. "I just can't believe I'm like, crying over him."
She giggles.
"Let's go!"
"Where?"
"To the dance!"
"What! I'm not properly dressed!"
I pull her into the cabin. Instead of making her change clothing I change.
I change into some acid wash jeans, a plain t and keep the Jean jacket.
"See now you wont stand out!" I giggle.
"Maggie I always stand out." She sighs.
"Confident much?" I say jokingly.
"No. Not like amber or gryphon. Like a defect."
I sympathize for her.
I lean out my hand. She takes it. I smile.
We run hand in hand to the party.

———————————————————————-
We've been dancing forever and everyone's looking at us and it's just the music and the adrenaline keeping me going.
She's not a terrible dancer really. I'm the one who's bad, but I don't mind nor does she.

Emery had been dancing with Casey which makes me feel like a proud mama and Elaine is dancing with this guy named Daniel I think.

I don't know if I've ever been so happy.