Zhongli had offered all of you the chairs to sit on. Of course, he too have noticed your familiar face, looks like he recognized you from yesterday.

You sat down besides Lumine while also being near Zhongli who had observed you as you did. You felt a little uncomfortable by his stares as you were not used to getting such attention, especially from a guy such as himself.

"Allow me to introduce-" Childe's voice fell deaf on your ears 'It's happening again.' You thought to yourself, and the only way that this would have been done is to be in the presence of an adeptus or possibly a higher rank.

You looked at Zhongli who was still, infact, staring at you. His eyes hid no ill intention and merely curious as to what you may do.

'Is he an adeptus?' You thought to yourself. You don't really know what he is thinking about, stealing glances from you and to Childe who have been informing you guys about Zhongli.

"It is an honor to meet you. I have heard tell of you from Mondstadt." Zhongli finally spoke up which made you flinch as you realized you have been spacing off for a few minutes.

"Paimon needs you to clarify.. Discretion.. Shadows.. Is Wangsheng some kind of business uh, " dealing" with people?" Paimon asked in concern. Thinking of some hidden codes.

Zhongli's expression didn't falter, "It is as you have guessed." Paimon immediately hid behind Lumine's back after letting out a scared squeal.

"The Wangsheng Funeral Parlor organizes burial. We ensure that who pass on do so in peace." You immediately turned your head on opposite side where Paimon was currently hiding in fear, holding back your laughter.

Paimon regained her composure and managed to float back up with a confused face, "Huh?"

"Haha, did you think Mr. Zhongli is some hitman?" Childe laughed, "The Fatui calls many such people friends. The Wangsheng Funeral Parlor does not dabble in such people.. Well, ostensibly." He shrugged off.

"Ostensibly.." You heard Lumine mutter.

"Well, as you know. A funeral parlor is- Ah, I shouldn't say too much. In any case, I brought you here to meet Mr. Zhongli because.."

Zhongli continued Childe's words immediately, "Because I can bring you to see Rex Lapis' vessel."

You raised an eyebrow at the man and crossed your arms while proceeding to lean back to your seat, waiting for them to continue their conversation.

"Really!?" Paimon squeaked out, shocked by the deal of Zhongli who didn't seemed fazed at all.

"Come now, don't be surprised. Sure the Geo Archon's body was squirreled away by the order of the Tianquan, but let's hear what Mr. Zhongli's got to say first."

Childe turned his head to look at Zhongli and nodded. "Rex Lapis may be the prime of the adepti, but ultimately, he's still an adeptus."

"Many adepti has left us over the millenia - this is the inexorable trend."

'I'm learning new words as I go. How can Paimon even understand these...' You thought to yourself, quite annoyed about the thought of Paimon being able to understand such words while you just sit there, dumbfounded.

"Times have changed, you must've felt it too when you were at Jueyun Karst." You subtly nodded.

"So I've noticed. The adepti are staying away from Liyue." Lumine confirmed.

"Indeed, the time of the adepti is ending. It's now the time for mankind to dawn."

'Why are we discussing over these, all we need is to find Rex Lapis' body..'

Zhongli continued on with his poetic-like words, "In past years, Liyue's tradition was that a huge memorial service be held to mark the passing of every adeptus. But this time, the Qixing made no attempt whatsoever to respect this tradition." He stopped to sigh yet not out of disappointment "It is sacrilege."

"Yup, the killer hasn't even been caught yet.." Said Paimon.

Zhongli cleared his throat, "Decide or not, the concern of the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor is this: When the ritual to receive this god is so kingly, it is all the more egregious for his final send-off to go unattended to."

"Traveler, I've heard from Childe of your deeds. Since you have had dealings with the Anemo Archon, could I ask you to help me prepare for the Geo Archon's last rite?"

Lumine had a discerned look about the whole thing but nonetheless nodded, "I accept your invitation."

"A wise decision,"

"The Tianquan, Ningguang, has forbidden anyone from accessing Rex Lapis' Vessel.. Which of course you would need access if you are to achieve your goal of meeting all of the Seven." Childe continued.

"Precisely, only participating to the rite of parting will you ever see Rex Lapis' body. If we agreed, come with me. We will speak of the details as we stroll."

You saw that Zhongli stood up and left the building. You noticed the fatui member isn't standing up yet but you still need to talk to the man in suit and you can't do that with both Lumine and Paimon around or else they'll start asking questions. If your suspicion was right and Zhongli is indeed an adeptus but in human plain sight, you wouldn't want your companions finding out if he plans on keeping it secret.

"Hey, I'll be waiting outside. You guys can have your talk." You whispered out to Lumine. She looked at you and nodded then pointed the door with the nudge of her head.

"Oh, hello there, old friend."