XXV.

Believe me I'm trying to avoid the usage of "(Y/N)" but I have to make it work properly

Every time I receive notifs from early chapter, I cry because I keep cringing from what I wrote so I may have to revise early chapters.

 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
Rite of Memories
XXV. — XX.

 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄

"Hi Miss, I'm looking for a girl — she's my friend — my height just a little shorter. She doesn't speak, yellow eyes, and may seem a little shy—" Before Lumine even finishes. She found herself infront of a door and the receptionist bowing at her.

'Well that was quick.' Lumine says to herself. Paimon is nowhere next to her as she decided to grab some sunsettias for you figuring you may want some snacks.

Lumine knocked on the door and called out your name. There was no answer. She knocked once more, nothing. She thinks that you may be deep in to your sleep and she actually thought of not disturbing your sleep until she heard a loud thud in your room.

She immediately started twisting the door knob and knocking the door hard, calling out your name louder. When she hears shuffling in your room and some muffled voices, thoughts started circulating her head. The movements eventually stopped so she twisted the knob more, breaking it by accident (not that she cared) before opening it with a panicked expression on her face.

Her mind was calmed down when she found you standing by the window, holding on to the window sill, your hair dancing along the midnight breeze.

Now, she stood after a broken door. She called your name once more. When she didn't receive a respond despite you standing still, she approached closer.

Lumine felt her world started throbbing as the closer she approached, the more further you seem to get. Questions wrapped in her head once more as she questioned how your height seemed different.

Again, she called out your name.

You slowly turned around, eyes blank that held no recognition, glassy, shaking as if you were deep in to your sleep. But what clicked out to her most was how your yellow eyes are nowhere in sight, rather replaced with different colors eyes; (E/C).

Lumine wanted to ask question but when you started trembling, it immediately disappeared and so she rushed to you, shaking you awake and calling out your name once more.

When you finally woke up. You blinked and the color of the eyes she was accustomed to had returned. She had several questions for you but for now, she still has to calm you down.

Lumine eventually had to compensate for the broken door, apologizing for the trouble she had caused.
.
.

You stared down on the ground, completely silent as you walk side-by-side with Lumine who's chatting carefree with Paimon. You were thinking about your dream earlier and you were unsure how to make of it.

It was all too sudden and all too confusing.

'I know my name? Tut, I guess that's just me coping with my problem.' You spoke in your mind as you continued to glare on the ground. A thought popped in your mind and you grabbed the yellow-ish stone from earlier. Looks like the woman in your dream was right, it still exists in physical form.

You put the stone back in your pocket and patted it with an irritated frown on your face.

'Why was that dream so confusing? It made no sense!' You shouted in your mind as you aggressively scratched your head in frustration. Lumine noticed this and so she looked at you and asked if you were okay.