Park/Parque

I woke up to the side of my bed and wrapped my hand around my pillow. It smelled just like Dolores. I got up off the bed, changed, then headed out of my room. I greeted my mom and younger sisters drinking their coffee and watching the telenovela on the TV.

“Buenos días, mija.” My mom said.

“Good morning.” I went to the kitchen to make my coffee. “Watcha watching?”

“Some weird novela.” Angelica said.

“I don’t know. I kinda like it.” Ana smirked. “This novela’s pretty juicy.”

“Being a main character with an overpowered gift dating a kid who can shape shift sounds tacky.”

I walked to the table and sat down, sipping my coffee. I started to wonder. I wonder what Dolores is doing? That’s when Carlos came out of his room, all dressed up, and run down the stairs.

“Oye, Carlitos! Where are you going?” My mom said as Carlos grabbed the doorknob.

“Antonio invited me to play at the new park that Luisa made.”

“Well, take one of your sisters to take care of you.”

My sisters groaned. They didn’t want to go outside early in the morning. I took a bullet for them when I finished my coffee and got up.

“I’ll go with you, Carlos.” I said.

I opened the door and we both headed out to the new park. I wonder when Luisa had the time for that. I saw the new park, which looked amazing, and saw Carlos in front of me starting to run. I saw him wave at Antonio, who was there with Camilo and….Dolores?

I started sweating. Of course Dolores would be here with him, she’s his older sister. I gave them a nervous smile and waved at them, mostly to Dolores. She saw me and smiled while Camilo, behind Dolores, changed to me pretending to kiss her. She must’ve known since she elbowed him in the stomach. He turned back and groaned.

“I can’t have fun, can I?” He said.

“Nope.” She said, continuing to look at me.

She shooed Camilo away to play with the little kids. He rolled his eyes, then turned to a little kid and ran away, leaving me and Dolores. We walked around the little walkway and started small talk. We talked about random things, the gossip around town, our childhood, and we laughed a lot.

Out of the blue, she decided to compliment me. My cheeks turned a slight pink blush. I complimented her back. I continued to compliment her, her eyes, her headband, her lips. It was as if it was a confidence boost because I somehow racked up the nerve to grab her by the waist and pull her in.

She turned a dark pomegranate red blush. We looked into each other eyes, our faces getting closer. We were closing our eyes, but before I could feel the taste of her sweet lips, we heard a voice.

“Get a room you both.” It said.

We opened our eyes and saw a little kid. He turned to Camilo, who pretended to vomit. I felt Dolores grab me by my waist.

“Are you jealous that you don’t have an amazing girlfriend like mine?” Dolores teased.

She grabbed my face and made out with me. Her tongue swishing in my mouth. Dios mío, what an amazing feeling. He gagged and left back to play with the kids. We giggled and sat by a nearby bench. We continued to talk about random things, but I zoned out. All I could notice was Dolores talking about her passions and her goals and how it brought pure happiness to her face. She noticed me just blankly staring at her and giggled. I could feel my face heating up.

“So what do you like, Y/N?” She asked.

“Isn’t it obvious?”

“I guess it is.” She giggled. “I’m just amazed that out of everyone in town, I managed to have the most beautiful girl as my girlfriend.”

I looked at her, smirking.

“I could say the same. Out of all the people I’ve dated, you’re the best.”

“I’m the only person you’ve dated, Y/N”

I went to give her a kiss on the cheek and pulled her closer to me.

“Oh yeah.”

Her face turned a bright reddish color and laid her head on my shoulder. Even after hours of not talking, we could feel our love for each other grow every minute. That’s when she lifted up her head to look at me.

“Y/N, I know it’s pretty early in the relationship to say this, but I want to say it anyway.”

She leaned in closer. She grabbed my hands and held them tightly.

“I don’t know what I would do with myself if I hadn’t met you.”

Her eyes sparkled by the sun setting over the mountains and  I could feel her slow breathing. My stomach fluttered around. It felt like a scene ripped out of a romance telenovela. All I could do is look at her beautiful face and kiss her. My tongue swiftly made its way in her mouth and moved in it. I wrapped my hands around her waist. She was definitely the one. As we heard the kids and Camilo running towards us, we stopped for a quick second and pretended to have a normal conversation.

The kids told us it was time to head back home. I looked at Dolores, who looked like she didn’t want to leave me, and we both got up.

“I have an idea.” I whispered.

As I told her my plan, her face seemed ecstatic. As we all started walking, Dolores told both Camilo and Antonio to go head home and she’ll catch up later. They waved goodbye and Dolores, Carlos and I all headed to my place. As I opened the door, and Carlos running inside, I went to the kitchen, Dolores right behind. I saw my parents and they both looked surprised to see Dolores behind me.

“Oh, Dolores!” My mom exclaimed.

Dolores covered her ears and my mom apologized.

“What could we do for you?” My dad asked.

“Well, I was wondering if you could let Y/N spend the night at my home.”

“Oh, of course. That’s fine, super fine. Completely fine.” My mom panicked.

We giggled, thanked them and headed out. As I closed the door, we laughed a bit more.

“Now you know where my panicking comes from.”

“I also know who to thank for creating a masterpiece.”

I turned a tomato red, then picked up Dolores and carried her with both of my arms and headed to her place. She covered her face with her hands, but did a terrible job hiding the pink red blush all over her face. We entered the house and went inside her room. I dropped her down on her bed and made out with her the entire time.

As we were getting sleepy however, we decided to pull back a bit and doze off to bed. I saw her slowly undress herself, leaving a yellow bra and orange panties. I was mesmerized. She blushed and tossed the dress at me.

“Don’t get any ideas just yet, baby.” She said.

I threw the dress by a nearby chair and just looked at her. Did she just call me baby?????  I can’t believe it. As she snuggled up against me under the sheets, I could feel the warmth of her body. I put my hand over her waist and intertwined my legs with her. I slowly started dozing off and the last thing I heard was Dolores' sweet, soft voice.

“Buenas noches, mi amor.”