"I uh.. I don't want to be popular and I like my friends." I said as I started to back up.

  "I know you want to. Don't let them hold you back." He said. I backed into the tree and was no longer able to move away. He got in my face and I tried to turn away.

  "No!" I said.

  "Ditch your friends and date me or I'll make your life a world of pain." James said, pinning me against the tree.

   "But I don't want to.." I said quietly. I started to panic. I thought he was better then this.

  "Please don't do this." I mumbled.

  "I do as I please." James replied. He was now just inches away from my face. I pushed him backwards and heard something snap. I slapped my hands over my mouth as he screamed in pain.

  "You bitch!" He started to stand up.

   "Stay away." I said, trying to grab my bag from off the ground. He jumped up and tackled me to the ground. He had me pinned on the ground and I pushed him off of me. He screamed in pain once again and I started to panic. I grabbed my bag and ran the other way, tears running down my face as I ran.

  I ran as fast as I could without using my powers and eventually ended up at my house once again. I ran up the driveway and into the house.

  "You're home early, how was it?" I heard Jeremiah ask. I completely ignored him and ran upstairs, wiping the tears of my cheek. 

   I ran straight to the bathroom and locked the door. I looked up into the mirror and noticed blood smeared all over my face. I looked down at my hands and saw that they were bloody. I broke down into tears and leaned against the door.

  "Kara?! Are you ok?" I heard Jeremiah say as he knocked on the door. 

  "Yeah. I'm fine." I said, trying not to have too much emotion in my voice.

  "What happened?" He asked.

  "He didn't show up. I'll just talk to him on Monday." I said.

  "Oh.. Okay.." He said. I heard his footsteps get more distant and stood up slowly. I washed my hands and face off in the sink and took a few deep breaths to control my crying. I wasn't sure how I should feel. On one hand, he deserved it. But on the other, I don't know how badly I hurt him. He could figure everything out and I could be exposed to the school as an alien. Or even worse, he could hurt my friends. He said he would make my life a world of pain. What does he mean by that?

  I walked out of the bathroom a few minutes later and went straight to my room. I laid down in bed and covered myself up with the blanket. I silently cried as I thought about what had happened. I hurt him. I don't know how badly, but I hurt him. I never wanted to hurt people. I feel like I've failed everyone. I failed at protecting Kal-El. I failed at keeping others safe. I wish I didn't have these powers. They're a curse. I just want to be normal. I want to be back on Krypton. I want to be away from everything where I can't hurt anyone.

   I had a pit in my stomach. A pit full of guilt. I almost don't want to school on Monday because I don't want to see James. I hope I didn't hurt him too much. I cried my self to sleep as I thought about everything.

   I woke up early as I went to bed early. It was around 4 in the morning and I quietly moved out of bed. I saw Alex was still sound asleep, so I left the room and headed downstairs. My stomach was growling as I hadn't eaten anything since yesterday morning. I made myself a bowl of cereal and ate it at the counter. 

   I heard footsteps coming from Jeremiah and Eliza's room. I looked over and saw Jeremiah approaching.

  "You're up early." He said quietly. I nodded and shoved another spoonful of cereal into my mouth.