chef

Heeseung and Jake are putting together my desk in my room while I'm getting out everything to make dinner. Niki decides to get up from the couch and return to apparently his favourite spot, my shoulder.

"It's been five minutes, are my shoulders that addicting?"

"You're addicting in general, in a good way."

"Why thank you, that's very sweet." I say, light laughter escaping my lips, due to not expecting that from Niki. These boys are really pulling at my heart strings.

I stand with him in comfortable silence and plug in the griddle before grabbing a pair of gloves.

"Robynnnn"

"Yes?"

"Can I give you a hug while you cook, you're warm, and the house is cold all the time because of Heeseung."

"Sure, I actually really enjoy hugs."

And with that his arms quickly wrap around me. Niki seems very intimate with me, though i'm not complaining. I prefer physical affection.

I feel something in my shoulder, Niki burying his face in it.

I put on my gloves and start to work with the meat when Sunghoon comes running in the kitchen, yelling.

"Robynnn, Sunoo tried to bite me!"

Sunoo comes running after when I turn around, Niki and all, to face them.

"Before you two start, Sunghoon what did you do first ?"

The room went dead silent, I've learned quickly the way things work here.

"I didn't let him have the remote after it was his turn."

"Then what?"

"Then I got mad at him, obviously." Sunoo states, making Niki release a chuckle in my shoulder. I swear Sunoo has the attitude level of a teenage girl sometimes.

"Okay but then what?"

"I took the remote and bragged how he couldn't reach it." Sunghoon said, clearly trying to hold back his laugh.

"Okay so long story short, you two argued, my solution is to take turns like you were supposed to. Sunghoon, if you don't want to watch what Sunoo wants to watch, then come in here and sit at the island." I say. It made me feel like a mom, I've been told that I'm very responsible, I've just never felt it until now. Which may have something to do with i'm practically dealing with a bunch of five year olds.

I'm almost done with dinner, I need someone to try part of a burger to make sure it's good, though. I break off a piece of an already cooked burger and start to blow on it.

"Riki."

"Hm?" he asks, picking his head up.

"Here." I respond, putting the piece of burger in his mouth.

His eyes glow a little as he eats it, a good sign to say the least. I turn around to fully look at him, arms looped loosely around his neck. I count his moles, adore this eyes and long eyelashes. I notice how pretty he is, breaking from my thoughts when he presses his cheek to my head.

"What is it?" I ask him, unsure of what he's doing.

"Your eyes got big for a second and you had a big smile on your face, plus you got a little warmer so I was trying to make sure you were okay."

I put my head down in slight embarrassment because I was admiring him.

I turn back around to finish putting the burgers on the buns, moving them to the island with the help of Niki. I then call everyone in after setting the condiments on the counter.