Chapter 41 I'll always catch you when you fall

A/n: When hawk is referred to as Eli think of him as the Eli from season 1 in one of his signature nerdy sweaters and when he is referred to as hawk think of him as season 3 hawk with his red mohawk. 

I woke up the next morning to a small knock on the store room door, "Come in." I mumbled. Kreese slowly walked in with a saddened look on his face. "Whats the matter sensei?" I questioned. There it was again -sensei- why did I keep calling him that, I promised myself to never trust him... But maybe hawk was right, maybe he was different. "Ali..." He started off slowly. "Robby was taken into juvie today... He was turned in by the LaRussos." He continued with a sigh. I nodded slowly I but wouldn't meet his gaze. "I'll be out running some errands and I don't have a class until 3 so you have the dojo to yourself until then, feel free to use whatever equipment you want." He explained with a small reassuring smile. I nodded once again and he left. Once I heard the bell in the front of the dojo ring I stormed into the back room of the dojo. I walked over to the kicking bag and started kicking it as hard as I could. I took out every ounce of anger on the pad. I struck as hard as I could and I didn't stop until I could barely lift my legs anymore. 

When my legs got to tired I moved over to the punching bag and set up for my punching drills. I sent hard punches at the pad striking it in the face and chest. Soon I felt a slow tear dripping from my eye as I punched, harder and harder each time. Then I slowly began to feel dizzy I wobbled around on my feet. I held onto the shoulder of the pad in front of me for support and closed my eyes for a moment to regain my balance. I opened my eyes slowly and found Eli in front of me, I was holding onto his shoulder and he was holding me up. He had a large smile plastered on his face, but his smile ever so slowly curved upwards into a smirk, and hawk appeared in front of me. He pulled his shoulder away and I felt myself plummeting to the ground, but I was caught just as quickly. I looked up and saw hawk smirking down at me "I'll always catch you when you fall." He whispered. He pulled me back up just inches from his face. He slowly reached up and held my cheek in his hand, he pulled my face to meet his and our lips almost connected, then my mind became blurry once again. I stumbled backwards and fell on my ass. Everything around me was blurry. Then the scenery changed, I was in a led lit room. It looked almost as if it was a laser tag arena. 

I slowly stood up and began walking towards distant noise. I turned a corner behind one of the glowing structures and met eyes with hawk, then someone screamed from below him. I looked down and saw Demetri clutching his arm in pain. Hawk started walking right towards me but just as he got to me he walked right through me. I whipped my head around but found myself in the dojo again. I was standing up straight right in front of the pad, my hand was still on its shoulder. "What the hell is happening to me?!?!" I quivered as I took my shaking hand off the pad. 

"Boo bitch." I heard behind me. Sam LaRusso stood behind me. I sprinted towards her and sent a punch at her face. But my hand flew right through her. I ran through her body but stopped myself before I could hit the dojo wall. Then everything got blurry once again, I appeared in the school, right in front of the railing that Miguel had fallen from. I looked down saw Miguel falling with me in his arms. His eyes showed fear, but he was determined to keep me safe. "No Miggy!" I whisper screamed from the top of the railing. But he still hit the stairs. I watched myself bounce out of his arms and land on the stairs next to him. I saw my head bounce up and then down again as it hit the stairs. Then I saw hawk rush to my side. He looked at Miguel and screamed something but the sound became muffled. Then Miguel, hawk, and I disappeared and the stairs below were empty. 

Then I felt a cold breath on my neck, I fell forward right over the railing. I looked back up and saw Sam smirking down at me. It was as if I was falling in slow motion, I could see everything going on around me, there was nobody else there, just Sam and I. Then I started progressively falling faster. I did the only thing that felt right to me. "Eli!" I screamed and I was caught before I hit the ground. Hawk stood in front of me, not Eli, hawk. "I told you I'll always catch you when you fall." He whispered to me. I looked up at him with a confused expression, but when I examined his face more I saw Eli, he was there, it was just hidden under this mask. He was still Eli on the inside. Then I landed on the ground once again at the dojo. I quickly held up my hand, "One, two, three, four, five." I mumbled as I tapped my fingers. This was real. 

The same scene played in my head over and over again, Sam staring down at me. 'Robby was taken into juvie today... He was turned in by the LaRussos.' Kreese's words replayed in my head. Before I could even think I got up and left the dojo. 

***

About a half hour later I arrived at Miyagi Do. I found Sam in the backyard training alone. "Samantha LaRusso!" I screamed as I approached her. She looked at me with a slightly scared expression. I felt her eyes land on my sweatshirt at the large cobra kai logo printed on it. "Oh Ali, not you to." She groaned. "Seems fitting right, a Lawrence being enemys with a LaRusso." I smirked back at her. "Just because out dojos are enemys doesn't mean we can't be friends." She replied. "Ya I think I'll pass." I shrugged. Then I sent a hard punch at her face. "Just stay away from my family." I ordered. She looked up at me and held her blood filled nose in pain. "But I love Rob-" She started but before she could finish I sent a hard kick across her face. "Don't fucking say that!" I replied through gritted teeth. "But I do!" She spat back. "Then why'd you kiss Miguel!" I screamed into her face. "And don't say because you love him to! You can't have both!" I continued before she could speak. "A-" She started to speak again but I didn't want to hear it. I punched her in the jaw and then I flipped her over my waist and landed on top of her on the ground just as hawk had done to brucks a few days before. "Stay away from them!" I screamed at her. "What would Robby think if he saw you right now." She replied sternly. "He would thank me for doing what Tory couldn't." I scoffed. Then I sent a hard punch to her face, then another and another, I couldn't stop. She lay there unconscious on the ground. I stood up and spit into her face as I stormed away. 

***

I walked through the front doors of cobra kai and found Kreese in the back room cleaning up from the class. Then I heard a sound to my left, I turned to my side and saw hawk training with one of the punching bags. He turned to face me and his mouth hung open at the sight of me. My knuckles were coated in blood and there was some splattered on my face and in my hair. "Ali?" he questioned when he saw me. I stared up at him, I was about to break and he could tell. He ran over to me just as I fell into his arms. I cried at the contact as I sunk all my weight into him. He  held me tightly like he would never let go. "Everythings going to be ok angel, I promise." He whispered as he held me close. "I'll always catch you when you fall." He continued in a comforting tone. I looked up at him with tear filled eyes and he stared back down at me. I could feel it in the air around me, this wasn't one of those blackouts I had, this was real. 

Hawks pov

The bell at the front of the dojo rang and a girl I couldn't recognize walked inside. Then she turned to face me, "Ali?" I questioned. She had blood all over her face and hands, she reminded me of what I had looked like a few days before after beating up brucks. I saw parts of myself in her, and I didn't like what I was seeing. When she stared into my eyes I could tell she was about to break. I engulfed her into a hug that I never wanted to let go of. "Everythings going to be ok angel, I promise." I whispered as I held her close. "I'll always catch you when you fall." I continued. Something about those words seemed right, it felt like I had said them to her many times before, but I didn't know where. She looked up at me and I gazed from her eyes to her lips, I slowly leaned  in and planted a soft kiss on her lips, she slowly kissed me back, her lips gently locked with mine. I let my weakness take over. She was one of the only good things in my life, and right now I needed something good. 

Ali's pov

He kissed me and I couldn't help but kiss him back. I let my weakness take over. He was one of the only good parts of my life, and right now I needed something good. 

Kreese's pov

Ali and hawk stood in the dojo holding each other in the tightest hug I had ever seen. There was nothing pulling them a part. They had each other back, they had no weakness, they were an unstoppable team. Now I could turn them into the killing machines I knew they could be.