Chapter 8 Convincing

"Last night a mother called me up because her child came home crying because some punks were making fun of his facial deformity" a teacher started. I looked at Eli who was sitting next to me, he was covering his face with his hands trying his hardest to hide his scar, but everyone already knew she was talking about him, all eyes were on him. I could tell the pain he was going through just by seeing his eyes. "Bullying is not tolerated at this school" the teacher continued. I tuned out the rest not really caring what she was saying. My main priority was making sure eli was ok. "If they make fun of you anymore come to me" I said while holding his shoulder with my hand. I immediately felt daggers serge through my back, I turned around and saw Kyler glaring at my hand. I glared back at him rubbing Eli's back with my hand to make kyler even angrier. If kyler thought that bullying eli would make me like him he was an idiot.

As soon as the teacher left the cafeteria the laughing started, "lip still cry's to his mommy" someone screamed while laughing. "Sh!tlips a p^ssy" another one screamed. I began growing angry and Eli could tell, he squeezed my hand in his and I calmed down a bit. "Look Ali's so desperate she's f^cking him, how does she even kiss him without cutting herself or throwing up" another screamed, this was my breaking point. I burst up out of my seat glaring in the direction of the person who had said it. My eyes picked out a brunette boy staring at me in fear, "it was you wasn't it" I said walking closer to him. He looked at me in fear as I inched closer, "admit it and I won't hurt you" I said creeping closer and closer. Fear continued striking through the boys eyes, it flooded throughout his body as he stared blankly at me. "Admit it!" I forced only inches away from him. "I- it was me" he squealed. "Pfft and Eli's the p^ssy" I scoffed at his frightened tone. I pushed him down onto the ground and began walking away but before I could he pulled me back and punched me square in the nose. "Oh your done!" I screamed while running at the kid. I sent a right hook to his cheek then a kick to his stomach. He bent over wheezing and holding his stomach like he was about to throw up, I sent a knee strike to his ribs and he fell to the floor. Before walking away I glared at him and all his friends, "let that be a warning" I scoffed before walking out of the cafeteria.

(Time skip: School day ends)

Miguel and I began our short walk home. The October sun was shining brightly down on us as we walked. "What was that, back at lunch" miguel asked while turning to face me. "My dad did karate when he was younger, I guess fighting is just in my blood" I shrugged while continuing to walk. "Can you teach me" Miguel asked coming infront of me so he was walking backwards. I looked at him with wide eyes, "first rule of my karate, watch where your going" I laughed while grabbing his shirt and stopping him from falling backwards into a bush. "But I can't actually teach you karate, I don't know how to do it, the moves just come to me I guess" I continued while making sure miguel looked where he was going. "Well could your dad teach us" he replied. "I've asked him before, he says he doenst want to hear the words karate come from my mouth" I said in reply while laughing slightly, I had heard the story of my dad in the 80's with sensi john kreese and I understood why he wouldn't want to carry on the cobra kai legacy. "Maybe we could convince him, how about I say all the sentences with the words karate in them and you say all the others" Miguel offered with a tone of hope in his voice. "Deal" I replied while shaking his hand vigorously. "Geez you have strong hands" he yelped while holding his fingers like they were broken. If he wanted to be cobra kai he really needed to build up a pain tolerance.

When we finally got back to the apartment miguel and I looked for my dad. He was most likely taking out someone's trash, or unclogging their toilet, it was easy money, and we needed it. "Hey dad" I called out when I saw my dad over by a dumpster. "Oh hi Ali, Miguel" he replied. I looked over at Miguel with worried eyes and took a deep breath, before I spoke my dad cut me off. "Ali... Is something wrong you and miguel just looked at each other weirdly. Sh!t did he knock you up" My dad said with wide eyes. Miguel and I looked at each other once again but this time with disgust. "Oh gawd no. That's disgusting" we both said practically gagging at the thought, miguel was like the brother I really never actually had. "We actually have something to propose" Miguel said getting straight to the point. "And what is that" my dad questioned in reply. "You need to open up a cobra kai" I blurted out completely missing the whole convincing him part. "No" he replied shaking his head and turning around. "B-but dad" I said following him as he walked away. "Ali enough, I'm done with karate" my dad fought back while continuing to walk away. At this point miguel had started catching up to us walking extremely quickly. "Mr. Lawrence I don't mean to be rude but you need to open a karate school" Miguel pressured. "Dojo" my dad and I corrected while staring at him annoyed for using false terminology. "And why should I do that" my dad replied to Miguel's statement, 'here comes the convincing' I thought to myself before speaking. "Cobra kai is about fighting back, strike first strike hard no mercy." I started, I had learned this from watching old videos of my dad training on youtube. "Kids at school are constantly being bullied for things that they cannot control, they need to be able to fight back against the bully's" I continued mainly referring to the bullying eli had to go through. "And why should I care, they are all a bunch of p^ssys" my dad replied while rolling his eyes. I felt Miguel's fists tighten up and his body tense, "you should care because some of these people who are being bullied happen to be you're daughter and her friends" Miguel snapped angrily. My dad glared at him almost like he was about to punch him, he looked like he wanted to say something but he had nothing to say. I took a deep breath before speaking knowing that this line could determine the fate of cobra kai, "one second I'm in the bully's clique and the next they are pouring spaghetti down my shirt, it's a cruel world and we need to know how to fight back." I said confidently. My dad looked back and forth from miguel and I, he nodded his head in thought before speaking, "once you go down this path theirs so turning back" he said in a serious tone. Miguel and i looked at each other nodding, "does this mean you're going to be our karate teacher" miguel asked with a smile. "Im gonna be your sensi" my dad corrected with a smile, cobra kai was officially happening, now all we needed was a place to train and some students.

YESSSS cobra kai is opening! Finally we get to do some training, and that means blue hawk is cominggggggg!!!!!