Chapter 18 Guts

Robby's pov

I looked down at my smiling twin sister asleep on my chest, she was the most precious person I had ever seen. She seemed like this bad, tough girl when you first meet her. But in reality she is just a little softy with a hard outer shell. She can be bada$$ sometimes, like when she took down Trey and Cruz, but she can also be a softy sometimes, like when she reenacts scenes from Harry Potter. She was a whole bundle of emotions all shoved together, she couldn't sort out anything in her life yet she was able to be balanced, something that I could not do. She only broke down for the people she truly cared about, I was extremely happy to know that I was one of those people. 

flashback

"Tag you're it" Ali called out with a giggle as she started running to the kitchen. I chased after her all the way to the island that separated our living room from our sink and counters. "I'm gonna get you" I called out while running to the right side of the island. "No you won't" Ali sang out while running to the left side of the island. We were once again opposite of each other, it was almost impossible to get her, but it wasn't impossible. I quickly ran to the right but then changed directions to the left, I grabbed Ali's arm and pulled her backwards tagging her in the back. "You're it!" I sang as I ran back into the living room jumping on the couch. Ali jumped up onto the couch as well and I ran to the other side and jumped off the end, she did the same following close behind me. We ran back into the kitchen laughing and running around trying to win the candy our mom had promised us. We stopped running and looked over at the door when we heard a knock, "Al it's time to go" A male voice called through the speaker that sat next to the door frame, Al was the nickname some people called her when they didn't want to pronounce the i. The person using it in this case was our dad. Ali looked back at me and frowned before grabbing her backpack and opening the door. Our dad Johnny stood there with a beer in his hands and his car keys hanging out of his pocket. "Do we have to leave now" Ali pleaded with a frown. "It's Sunday evening, you have school tomorrow and it's time to come home" Our dad replied while grabbing Ali's arm and pulling her out. "See you next weekend Robbio" Ali called out before she was completely out of side. "See you next weekend Alio" I replied as I closed the door behind her. 

I walked over to the cabinet in the kitchen and grabbed the only thing we owned, cheerios. That's why Ali and I called each other Robbio and Alio, all we ever ate was cheerios. I filled the bowl up with milk and sat down on my couch opening you tube, I watched a few gaming videos before dozing off to sleep on my couch home alone once again. 

End of Flashback

"Hey wake up" I gently whispered while lightly shaking Ali's shoulder. She shot her head up slightly scared but then quickly released her tensed expression when she realized it was just me. We shared a smile before slowly getting up and making our way over to the kitchen, we grabbed some cheerios and poured ourselves a bowl. We should have a good hour before my mom got back from her date that she had the night before, or so we thought...

Ali's pov

"Robert Swayze Keene" A stern voice shouted as the door swung open. I looked up from my cereal bowl and saw my mom, the women who had kicked me out to live with my alcoholic father, the women who separated my twin brother and I, and finally the women who destroyed my childhood. "M-mom-" Robby tried to speak but she cut him off. "Robby I don't want to hear a word from you" She stated while glaring at her son. "Ali Mills Lawrence... I expected more from you, you have a lot of guts showing up here, what did your father do this time, run someone over, crash his car into a ditch, beat the sh!t out of some more kids" She continued slowly while walking towards me. I quickly stood up and looked her with cold, angry eyes. Before I could do anything I felt a warm hand pull me backwards, "Sometimes you need to have enough guts to not fight back" Robby whispered. I looked back at him and my eyes slightly softened, I nodded sternly while pulling my hand away. "Nice to see you to Shannon" I nodded at the women before bumping shoulders with her slightly as I walked out of the apartment. Some things just never change. 

Shannon is Robby and Ali's moms name if you didn't know!

Also isn't it literally fricken adorable that Ali's middle name is Mills after Ali Mills, Johnny's first love! I don't know I just find it adorable.