𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, I reckon he would. Is your hand okay?" Harry asks, "I noticed the bandage is gone."

"Oh, right. It is healed properly thanks to Mrs. Weasley. Don't worry, Harry. It happened days ago and I can write properly this time."

Ever since being told of how Aurora got a bad wrist and sore back, it made Harry worry. He mentioned it in the letter he wrote to Sirius, couldn't help it. As much as Harry was happy Aurora is finally free from the abuse of her own home, he was just upset it had to end with her being hurt.

Aurora was exceptionally gaining more energy by every step she took upwards on a hill. Despite dreading words from Ron, George and Fred, she took it no to mind and was better when breeze hits her face, bringing her tied hair aback a bit and clothes too. It was cold so she wore an emerald green scarf, protecting her from the weather and boots strapped on her feet securely. Blue and worn pants added to style with at least a white shirt crowded beneath a black jacket that lays loose and not zipped like Harry suggested so she won't get even more cold.

"I have to tell you something." Harry began to slow his walk, a few meters away from Ginny and Hermione who was oblivious of how serious he sounded.

"What is it?"

"It's my scar. It was hurting when I was still at the Dursleys." Aurora frowns, kept her dark eyes on the trail in front of them while listening closely. "Do you think it has something to do with Voldemort?"

"I doubt it very much but there is no other explanation now, is there?" She says with the same volume as his voice is. Aurora sighs, "You've told him of this yet? I'm sure if you did, he'd be so worried."

"I did. He hasn't written back. You?"

"Not yet."

They've reached where the portkey should be and Arthur requested his children and others to help and search for it as they were running out of time before it comes and goes without them. Of course, Aurora just stiffly walks around, eyes sharp in case she notices an object misplaced underneath grass and be mistaken as litter like what Mr. Weasley said before.

"Over here, Arthur! Over here, son, we've got it!" said a voice unrecognizable for Aurora to comprehend. She slowly walk back to site, seeing Arthur with a pleased smile while shaking hands with a man who was holding a boot in the other.

"This is Amos Diggory, everyone." said Mr. Weasley. All in while, Aurora caught up with her group while catching eyes with Cedric Diggory who smiles politely towards her. She does the same, knowing they are familiars with each other. "He works for the department for the regulation and control of magica creatures. And I think you know his son, Cedric."

"Hi." Cedric says with a smile, looking at them all. "Good to see you again, Rory."

"You as well, Ced."

"Long walk, Arthur?" Amos asks, didn't see his son talk with Aurora Briar.

"Not too bad. We live just on the other side of the village there. You?"

"Had to get up at two in the morning, didn't we, Ced?" Amos then heavily sighs, glancing at the younger faces besides and behind Arthur who stalks nearly close. "All these yours, Arthur?"

"Oh no, only the redheads." Arthur slightly gesturing his own children. "This is Hermione, friend of Ron's. Aurora, a close fami —"

"— Oh, Aurora!" Amos exclaims, smiling brightly. It made the Briar witch smile in return but was confused as to how he knows her. "I've heard great things from you from my son over here. Only because he was sulking when you beat him in a match of quidditch in yous fourth year, correct?"

As a term of being recruited to be a part of the Slytherin quidditch team. As much as Draco was being so sulky of her joining, he was quick to shut up when Aurora's skill was put to a test and won her team when she managed to keep the Hufflepuff team from scoring as her role as a keeper. It was a difficult job being thrown left and right but she managed to block more quaffles than it was to goal by the opposite team.

It was known because Cedric seemed taken aback and pissed about it the first time. But he later on apologized for his behavior and only genuinely to Aurora because the rest of the Slytherins he approached weren't as friendly as her. They became friends, distant but still, friends.

"All good things, right, Ced?" Aurora would always rub it in his face whenever she got the chance. He grimaces and says yes, making the twins snicker to themselves to see him in distain.

"Yes, yes — and this is Harry Potter, another friend of —"

"— Merlin's beard." Amos interrupted again and this time, Arthur wasn't surprised. "Harry? Harry Potter?"

"Er — yeah." Harry says, felt uncomfortable when the scar on his forehead was being stared upon.

"Cedric's spoken of you as well!" Amos states and it made Cedric look away, embarrased by his own father exposing him too much. "Told me about the game he played against you last year. I said to him, Ced, that'll be something to tell your grandchildren. . . that you beat Harry Potter!"

Prior to this, Harry did not know how to respond and just stayed quiet.

"Harry fell off his broom, Dad." Cedric muttered quietly. "I told you, it was an accident."

As much as Cedric tried to persuade for the game to restart as it was unfair for the Gryffindor to lose when Harry fell off his broom because of the dementors, it only lead for Hufflepuff to win. He really did try but Harry conceded defeat as well, blaming himself and lead Oliver Wood crying in the showers all on his own. . . again.

They've went to the world cup after small talks and coincidentally ran into many familiar faces much to Aurora's dismay.