XI. The Study Date

Looking up at the grand, black penthouse, (y/n)'s jaw drops in disbelief at the sheer size of the building before her. She looks down at her phone, eyes going back and forth between the building and the message, questioning whether she got the address correct. She looks at the numbers on the far right side of the front of the house, confirming it was, indeed, the right house.

She knew Xerxes most likely lived luxuriously, but to see something like this in real life fascinated her. Mustering up courage, she knocks on the door, ringing the doorbell afterwards in case he didn't hear her knock.

A few seconds pass and the door opens, revealing Xerxes in a simple white fitted tee and grey sweatpants. Darting her eyes back up to his face, (y/n) flushes when she realizes she was caught scanning his form. An amused smile pants itself across his lips, though he says nothing, not wanting to scare her away. Xerxes opens the door wider, gesturing for her to come in. As (y/n) walks in, he notices her bag which looked fuller than usual, most likely carrying the textbooks for the subjects they were going to work on. Xerxes takes the bag from her, not wanting her to strain herself from the weight.

"Oh! You don't have to!" (Y/n) gushes out, waving her hands frantically. Xerxes turns around and gently pushes her hands away when she tries to pry her bag out of his hand.

"You're my guest. And plus, you were practically tilting when you were walking, princess. I have more than enough strength to carry your bag for you." Xerxes's gentle words made her swoon. What a gentleman, though (y/n) still couldn't help but feel guilt at the fact that he was carrying it for her, despite having twenty times the amount of muscle and strength she had.

"Come inside, take a seat anywhere you'd like." His voice snaps her attention into his house. Gingerly walking into his home, (y/n) is mesmerized by the interior of his home. Black and dark grey lined the insides of his abode, from the walls to the furniture which, for some reason, seemed very fitting for the boy. Her eyes scan the room, letting a small 'woah' as she stared made her way to the grand couch in the living room.

Xerxes looks over at the (h/c) haired girl, eyes soft. She looked absolutely adorable with the look of amazement on her face.

"Your house is almost as dark as your hair," (y/n) half-jokes. She wasn't wrong, the room did resemble Xerxes's pitch black hair.

"What's your room like?" Xerxes questions her. Turning to look at him, (y/n) looks up at the ceiling, trying to find how to best describe her decor.

"Hmm... My room is pretty plain. It's a lot of white and beige colors, and a lot of greenery," she says, thinking about how she had a lot of plants to give her room a pop of color.

"So we have pretty different tastes, hmm?" Xerxes concludes. Seeing her nod at that, he subtly hints. "You could always move in with me and redecorate our house to your liking."

Giggling at his joke, though it wasn't a joke to Xerxes, she goes back to admiring his unique style.

"How do you see in here at night?" (y/n) blurts out without thinking, not realizing her naive question until she hears his response.

Xerxes's amused smile returns, raising an eyebrow at her question. "I turn on the lights, my silly girl."

(Y/n) flushes at his words, feeling heat rise to her cheeks and mentally digging a hole for herself to wallow in her embarrassment. Luckily, Xerxes doesn't point out her embarrassingly dense question and moves on from the subject.

"Alright, what do you want to begin with? Chemistry or Physics; I don't mind either one." Xerxes says as he gingerly opens (y/n)'s bag and pulls out her heavy books she brought along, not wanting her to strain her fingers. Setting it on the table along with her notebooks and writing utensils, he pulls the table closer to the two so she wouldn't have a hard time reaching for her stuff.