"What's wrong?" he asks looking between the two of us. 

"Michael wants to say goodbye again," I smile as Tubbo visibly melts at my words. Tubbo comes over and takes Michael into a warm hug so I go over to the others. Niki is the first to notice me. She was staying behind with Puffy and Michael, the three of them would go with Lorelei and Myles to see Lian's village leaders. 

"You better stay safe," she warns me and I chuckle wrapping her in a hug. 

"You too Niki," I say back. 

"Y/N," a small voice calls. I turn and see that Ranboo is now holding Michael and watching me with a knowing smile. Michael reaches out his arms and grabs at the air with his stubby fingers. I leave Niki and take Michael again who hugs me even tighter than before. 

"You have to promise to come back," he pouts leaning back so I can look him in the eye. I make a face equally as serious. 

"I will always come back as long as you're waiting for me rascal," I press a firm kiss on his forehead that makes Michael's facade crack like an egg as a sunny grin spreads on his face. 

"Where's Dream?" he asks suddenly. I look around and then notice him packing the saddlebags on Percy. I had a feeling I would be riding Percy to the stronghold. Michael spots him too. 

"Can you put me down?" he asks and I nod setting him down on the floor. 

Ranboo, Tubbo and I watch as Michael strides up to Dream and the tugs on the leg of his pants. Dream sees him and kneels down, I'd never seen the two of them more serious. Their conversation is curt and ends with Michael shaking Dream's much larger hand. Dream then points to Techno and Phil and Michael goes to them. Phil picks Michael up and the three start talking too. 

"I wonder what's got Michael so serious," I say and Ranboo hums. 

"I have a hunch that Michael wouldn't appreciate it if I told you," I chuckle at Ranboo's response. Of course Michael told his Dads his plan. 

All too soon Dream calls me over and gives me a leg up onto Percy's back. I adjust my seat and give Percy a rub on his brown neck, it was going to be a long ride. I watch Michael as he tugs on Puffy's hand, she bends down and Michael whispers something in her ear. Her lips twitch up in a smirk and she nods to him and he grabs her hand with both of his.

"Michael wants to all to promise that you'll be safe," she says standing up. "And that you'll tell him everything." Niki moves to stand next to Michael resting her hand on his shoulder. 

"We promise," Techno says back. I smile knowing that Techno understands how much his word means to Michael. The boy is visibly starstruck as his hero salutes his and sets off to lead our group to the beach. 

We send waves over our shoulders to the three that grew smaller as the distance increased. I take one last look at Michael and then kick Percy into a canter to keep up with the others. 

It's time to bring Tommy back. 

We weave through the forests and hit the beach. We make it to the harder sand near the water and ask our horses to run faster. I found the rhythmic beating of hooves comforting and I let it distract me from my swirling thoughts. Although some of them were hard to ignore. 

The niggling feeling that something would go horribly wrong was persistent. Most of all I wonder if the Goddess of Death would even care to listen to us. Yes, Techno and Phil will be there, but she owes them nothing. She may owe Phil an explanation but nothing more. 

Why would she give back Tommy? Is that even something she can do? She's a Goddess of Death not of revival. 

I snap myself away from my thoughts. I can't afford to think like that now.