Chapter 42: In A Perfect World

Wanda's POV:

The part where I fought one of the oldest witches written in the Darkhold was not terrifying, not even when death was already knocking at my door when she almost drained the life out of me. But what's terrifying is the time frame closing in for when I have to choose which universe should I continue my life on. Pietro's or Natasha's?

In a perfect world, I don't have to choose. But life doesn't work that way for any of us and I knew that. Everyone was just looking at me. Waiting for me to finish everything. Nat and Pietro looked like they were at the edge because they both don't know which universe I am going to choose.

Tears started streaming down my eyes without me noticing and my heart started breaking into pieces. None of the choices were making sense any more. I glanced over at Pietro and his face reflected so much hope. He wanted me to go with him so bad and when I looked at Nat, her eyes were already flooded with tears and I know that behind those tears were pain. Natasha is definitely the kind of person who's always gonna give way and sacrifice her own happiness for others. And for this instance, she is willing to let go of me for the sake of my own happiness.

She started walking towards me. She was composing herself just so she wouldn't fall apart once she starts talking. When she was close enough, she held both of my hands and looked at me in the eyes before her lips parted to say, "Wands, this is it. I need you to go with your brother. You have to. You're going to see me there and you're gonna say 'hi', okay? Explain everything that's happened in this universe and I am confident that I am going to believe you. You mentioned that Pietro in his universe just finished the battle against Ultron in that timeline? Nothing will sound crazy to her anymore if that's the case. I strongly feel that Natasha in his universe will slowly fall in love with you, because she knows that you're the right person for her. I know because that's still me with the same heart and soul."

Hearing every word she said just totally broke me into pieces and my tears turned into sobbing. My eyes continued to bawl and all I could mutter was, "N-Natasha..."

She let go of my hands and reached for the lock of her necklace behind her neck and unhooked it. It was her favorite necklace she had since she was a child. She said that it was a necklace given by the only widow who treated her as a person in the Red Room. The one who died for her so she could escape her hell the first time the Red Room was imploded and it meant a lot to her. She never took it off until this very moment. She placed the necklace around my neck and locked it before pulling me into the most passionate kiss she has ever made me feel. I can even feel her lips trembling because her tears continued to fall down her face.

She pulled away, her eyes were bloodshot because of too much crying and I know mine reflected the same, "I believe that I will have this in your new universe, show this and it should spark something in her. It's a vulnerability  I have that no one will understand but you. I also want you to keep wearing it because this is a part of me in this universe that you get to bring with you, okay? Promise me that you'll keep it on you always. I-I love you so fucking much, Wanda Maximoff. I will never forget you. Thank you for all the memories we both had here. It was amazing while it lasted."

"I-I love you so so much, Nat. Thank you. You will always be in my heart." I wept, my words could barely be understood as they sounded like muffled cries. I wanted to say more but I couldn't get myself to go through it without falling apart.

She hugged me one more time then kissed me on the cheek and forehead before taking one last glance at me. I couldn't bare to see this. This woman is so selfless and as she took a step further away from me, all I can do was fall apart even more. She then approached Pietro and whispered something to him before walking away from him, he gave her a reassuring nod before smiling at me.