Chapter 35: To The Moon and Back

Wanda's POV:

After a few hours, we finally were able to make it to Norway. It was pretty exhausting since this was the first long trip I piloted a chopper. Nat taught me how to pilot the Quinjet and a helicopter before but I never really applied what I learned until today and she was so patient and calm during our trip.

"Sorry if I fucked up the navigation system earlier and we had to waste an hour of our time just so we can get back on track." I muttered as I grabbed my bag from the back.

"Why are you apologizing? You did great today. This was your first time officially piloting a chopper. That's huge. Also, anything that I'm doing that involves you is never a waste of time, babe." she smiled as her hand reached for me, offering to carry my bag instead.

"How did I become so lucky?" I gushed.

"I believe we're both unlucky. That's why we found each other." she chuckled and I nodded in agreement.

She lead me to a car parked near the field where we landed the chopper. She opened the passenger door for me before getting on the driver's seat. Small gestures like that makes me feel so grateful to be Natasha Romanoff's girlfriend.

People know how ferocious she is and how cold and emotionless she can be. But when she's with me, she becomes transparent. Not because of the fact that I can read her mind because I don't even do such thing when we're together since I don't have to. Natasha has now learned how to fully let her guard down when she's with me which is hard for someone like her to do.

I can see the difference when we're working. How her face shifts from sweet to all-business when someone we're not close with walks by. How her words and tone of voice changes when she talks to me versus our acquaintances. Small things like that are huge for me.

"Would you like to eat dinner outside?" Nat asked as we made it to the city's town proper.

"Well, how 'bout we get some shitty take out and eat it at the safehouse while we're cuddled on a couch?" I countered.

"You read my mind. Wanna watch a movie while we're at it? Or I don't know, a sitcom that you like? Do you wanna continue watching Malcolm in the Middle?" she suggested.

"We always watch the sitcoms I love. At least just this time, I wanna watch your favorites." I smiled.

"Really? I would love that, actually. Do you know which one?" she probed.

"Are you testing me, Natalia?" I smirked.

"Maybe."

"Okay, smug face. How 'bout we watch a James Bond movie, huh? Specifically, Moonraker?" I grinned.

Nat's proud face suddenly morphed into a softer look. Something I can only describe as vulnerability. I recognized it because I only witnessed it a couple of times during our time together. And once when she lost Banner after the fall of Ultron and Sokovia.

"How--," she paused, breathing in deeply as she tried to control her tears, "How did you know?"

"How could I not know, my love? The lines in the movie is what you subconsciously recite on rare nights you have good dreams. It's also the only DVD you own that you keep somewhere out of reach in our closet, I found it when I was looking for a shirt that Pietro used to own. And because it's the only movie you never delete on the DVR in our room before the old Avenger's compound was disintegrated." I explained.

This time, she was not able to control her own emotions. She parked the car just beside the road and I watched her fall apart immediately. I wasn't sure if what was happening is good or bad. If that topic about the movie was too much for her to handle. But I was thankful that Nat didn't need to wait for me to spiral into panic because when she was able to calm herself down for a little, she started explaining.