CHAPTER EIGHTY FIVE

Start from the beginning

"You smell like alcohol." Kai says as she walks past him, and towards the stairs that led up to the back patio.

Daisy doesn't bother to turn around to respond. "That would be because I've been drinking alcohol." She says.

"Daisy I saw him already." Kai says from behind her.

Daisy's lips turned up into a smile, she bit her tongue slightly as she turned around to face him. "He was creeping me out." She shrugged, leaning against the stairway railing.

Kai didn't look even slightly amused. "There's blood all over the living room." He says.

Daisy shrugs again. "Have the cleaning lady get it in the morning."

"She was upstairs when you did it- Daisy. And I had to kill her before she told anyone." He says, frustratedly. "We don't have a cleaning lady anymore."

Daisy hides her smile, feeling amused by his unease. "Do one of your fun little spells and clean it up yourself."

"Do you want attention, or something?" He shakes his head, annoyed and confused. "Is that why this keeps happening?"

Daisy's eyebrows stitch together in an immediate anger. "You know what- yeah." She nods, stepping towards him again. "Attention would be nice since the only time I ever see you now is when you wake me up in the morning getting ready for another fucking 'coven meeting'."

"I know it might come as a shock to you but I actually have some responsibility here." Kai says, gesturing towards himself. "You however sit at home all day and when you get bored- you pick a random person up off the street- bring them home and kill them."

Daisy narrows her eyes, her chest rising and falling as heat grew in her stomach. "What do you suggest I do, Kai? Get a job? I don't know if you remember but I'm supposed to be dead! I don't have a citizenship or whatever you fucking need to get a fucking job!" She raises her voice, flailing her arms out. "All I can fucking do here is wait around for you to get home and talk to me but you can't even do that."

"Maybe you would have some friends to hang out with by now if you hadn't killed them all." Kai responds, not hearing anything she was saying, just waiting for the next break in yelling to get his own jab in.

"Oh, right- 'cause you just have so many friends." Daisy says sarcastically, stepping closer to him. "I don't know if you realize this- but all of those people you spend your days with are just kissing up because they're scared of you." She raises her eyebrows and looks up at him once she was close enough to his face.

He looked down at her with emotionless eyes, ones that couldn't tell her anything about what he might say or do next. It was like he had paused the moment in time to try and feel what she was feeling. When he spoke, his voice was quiet, but not in a way that would usually comfort her, if anything, the hushed tone made it all the more intimidating. "Are you scared of me?" He asked.

Daisy knew it was more of a rhetorical question. Something to throw her off the course of the argument. But she couldn't help but mull over it and respond. "Not right now." She responds, just as quiet.

Kai clenches his jaw, before turning to leave. Daisy doesn't move, not until she hears the back patio door shut. She lets out a breath, letting her head fall back up towards the sky as she stood alone in the dark- the sounds of the waves once again taking ownership of her silence.