𝟎𝟏𝟔: 𝐬𝐥𝐚𝐦 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞

INTO IT
°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

{17th July 2020}
—CORBYN WAS used to the single release scene, the mass amounts of people coming together to appreciate the release of an musical artist's hard work. it was the release for why don't we, feat. sasha, single today and the boys were excited.

corbyn too was excited, but there was still a lingering pit of nerves bubbling at the bottom of his stomach. him and sasha had officially broken up in the public eye, and the two hadn't text eachother since. he hasn't heard from her, that alone bringing a frown to his face.

but, the fact he was able to see her tonight, brought the frown to his face to disappear, replacing itself with a smile. he knew he messed up with that girl at the club, he could see it in sasha's eyes. he could see it in the way she spoke to him afterwards, especially at her album release party.

"i will never forgive you for breaking my heart."

all this time later, those words stuck in his head.

"hey! you excited for the new song?" carmen came into corbyns eye view, him bringing himself out of his lingering thoughts and onto the brunette girl before him. he smiled, giving her a nod of the head. even if he didn't believe it.

"corbyn?" he nodded his head again. if he kept saying he was fine and excited, then it would come true. right?

"you're nervous aren't you?"

"huh?"

"oh corbyn don't act dumb with me. I've known you for far too long now." corbyn sighed, meeting carmen's worrying eye. she was giving him a small smile, almost like a smile out of sympathy. to which he hated.

but, he knew carmen wasn't giving him a sympathy smile on purpose, she wasn't the type of person to do that. in fact, carmen michaels was the type of person to instead tell corbyn to snap out of it and stop being an idiot.

"i need you to be honest with me corbyn." carmen commented, her eyes meeting his. corbyn sighed, giving carmen his entire attention even when he took a sip of his drink. "before you go and say you have talked to her, have you truly talked to her?"

"i don't get what you're getting at."

"corbyn babe, i love you- but you are really making me want to slam your face against this bar table." corbyn laughed, giving carmen's arm a shove. "-if she came over to you tonight, would you talk to her?"

"only if she wanted to do. I've been trying to give her space. it's the least i could do after being a dick."

"well atleast you know you've been a dick." carmen announced, giving corbyn a thumbs up. he shook his head, for what he felt was the hundredth time, earning a laugh from carmen. "if you two end up speaking tonight, let her talk. let her guide the conversation. let her disclose her feelings. but do not, bombard her with your feelings completely. I'm not saying you can't talk about how you feel too- but i think it's time you two both disclose how you feel- and how you feel properly."

it was times like this, where he really appreciated the british girl stood before him. not only had she been an helping hand for corbyn, but also to sasha. it was carmen who had made sure her and rebecca fitted into the group. and to see carmen and sasha become so close over the last few months, corbyn couldn't appreciate the girl more.

not only because he made the girl who he had to fake date as part of a contract feel comfortable, but because carmen could now be brutally honest with corbyn when it came to sasha. that was what happened when you dated one of your friends best friends, they got protective over them, and wanted nothing but the best for them.

and it was clear that carmen had only the best intentions for sasha.

a ping of a notification interrupted the two, carmen's screen lighting up with a text. "right I'll leave you be- just remember what i said corbs." with a wink, she was gone, leaving corbyn to his thoughts once more.

cheers and claps caught his attention. corbyn looking up to see the familiar sighting of the silver haired girl running to carmen and dahlia. rebecca.

which meant, sasha was here.

he braced himself for the cold shoulder once more, corbyn taking a large gulp of his beer, the liquid running down his throat. since their 'breakup', corbyn had tried to distract himself from the bright smile that flooded his memories.

The laughs flooded his ears. Everything he did often reminded him of the funny, sarcastic girl that had become his fake-girlfriend. one who he did not realise he would grow such strong feelings for.

it seemed even though they had discussed their feelings before the news of their fake relationship breaking was made public, it seemed corbyn and sasha truly had drifted.

he didn't just like sasha. he loved her.

he loved the girl he had just been ordered to fake date for the press. neither of them knew that real feelings would accumulate between them. corbyn definitely didn't. sure he knew there would be attraction there, there would be no doubt about it.

when his eyes caught her, he couldn't help but stop and stare. her raven coloured hair fell down her back, a few strands hovering around her face. a dark green material hugged her body, complimenting every bump and curve of her body.

gosh she was stunning. he thought.

her smile caught his attention, gaining it entirety. that smile could light up a room. corbyn shifted in his seat, his grab on his beer bottle tightening as his eyes followed her movements.

her eyes met his, her smile faltering. that alone should have shattered corbyns heart. and it nearly did.

until he saw sasha rise a hand, giving him a wave to go along a smile. much smaller than the one she had worn moments before, but atleast it was still a smile.

that had to be a good sign right? he thought. she smiled and actually acknowledged him. that action alone made him feel more better as he stood himself up from his chair, beer bottle still in hand.

her eyes still lingered on him, as he made his way over. his thoughts were overwhelming him with what to say. what would happen if he said the wrong thing again? what if sasha wouldn't forgive him? won't take him and his stupid mistakes back?

what if she wouldn't let them try again? but for real this time?

all kind of thoughts stopped, timing freezing as he saw it. it making him stop dead in his tracks. metres away from him stood sasha, her smile bright as she was embraced. a taller man, dark coloured hair, somewhat similar to her own.

corbyn had never met them, seen them in his life.

but she seemed so happy wrapping her around him, that corbyn stopped.

and turned back around to the bar.

AUTHORS NOTE
i know it's a short one
And not very good at that
but I've got a week off uni now so
fingers crossed 🤞 i do well with updating
this week :)

i love you all, hope you are all doing amazingly
mwah mwah <3