stuck (part 2)

A lone brunette girl inside her room huffs, gently caressing her cat's soft, white fur as she do so. “Wonnie,“ she calls, and the cat immediately looks up, her blue eyes as light as the sky stares back at the girl's brown ones.

“I've mentioned about my crush before, right?”

The cat tilts her head, looking as if it can understand her caretakers words.

“Well, you see, she's kind of hanging out with this girl— both of them are very popular, so a lot of students in my school have been shipping them,“ the girl continues to tell, halting after while to sigh, a tired one. ”It's actually quite silly, because... well... I feel jealous, even though I'm not really in a place to be.. it's stupid, right?“ she chuckles bitterly after, patting her cat's head when it only stared at her with it's usual unreadable gaze.

“It really is silly,“ she adds, her smile not reaching her eyes.

A very annoying feeling, isn't it. Being jealous, yet you're not on a place to  feel one. Nako certainly agrees, bitterly, do note. So here she is, at the rooftop, school's rooftop to be exact, looking at the sky.

The calm ambience hardly mending her broke heart, breeze joining in the atmosphere, it's like they're seducing her to cry. But of course, she doesn't.

Instead, she huffs her tears away, opting to raise her hands instead, flipping it to stare at her wrist, a certain name written, or rather, tattooed.

Jang Wonyoung

“Why won't you fade away?” she mournfully laments, voice meant to not be inaudible.

(Except, it was)

not to be heard

(except, once again, it was)

by anyone

(by a cat)

“Good morning,“ a voice greets.

With it alone, Nako had concluded who it was, and so, she looks up, and as expected, was greeted by the exact same person her mind had shaped into, the same person that had been occupying the basement found in the deepest depth of her heart and soul,

Her mouth opens, and at the ethereal sight, her response needs to be forced out, 

“Good morning, too.”

Wonyoung smiles, ”May I take a sit?“ she asked, gesturing at the chair next to Nako, unoccupied, very much unlike Nako's mind, whom keeps replaying how Wonyoung smiled.

Her only response was a meek nod, eyes falling down to look at her work again before it drowns,

(drown in the sea that is wonyoung's enrapturing eyes)

“Nako-chan,“ Wonyoung calls, tone so soft, it can lull Nako to sleep,

Fortunately enough, it didn't, and so Nako responds with a hum. Afraid that if she opens her mouth, it only might spout a series of nonsense rambles or abysmally stupid words.

“I was wondering, why are you ignoring me?”

If before, she refuses to tell words, now, it's stuck, glued to the tip of her tongue, refusing to come out. But,

But she have the urge,

The urge to explain, just because of hearing that tone— because great, fantastic, very fantastic even— she regrets it all now.

Regrets to excuse herself whenever Wonyoung would join her and Hitomi at the cafeteria,

Regrets to purposely use a longer path when going home just so her and Wonyoung won't need to walk together,

Regrets to avoid Wonyoung's eyes,

Regrets to—

“I wasn't ignoring you, I was just busy.”

(try and forget her feelings)

“Oh.”

Silence ate the atmosphere after that, with Wonyoung deciding to drop the topic silently by opening the book she took with her, Nako meanwhile returns to her homework

'proper communication is an act that should be valued by everyone and should be used everytime for the excellency of the society, it's a skill to mend misunderstanding and a medicine for broke trusts, even heart break— confession exist for a reason'

Nako's eye twitches, having to see an imaginative wink emoticon following the words and she briefly wonders if Hitomi had something to do in the making of this book.

(She don't, Nako had checked the credits and no Honda Hitomi was written)

(it was a huge surprise, really)

She hears Wonyoung cough, prompting her to look at the younger, forgetting her prior mission of forgetting, because— she have to admit, she still cares,

(for her)

she still worries,

(for her)

she still loves,

(her)

“Here,“ she offers her white handkerchief, her favorite one, her mom's gift, ”do you have any water? you should drink some, have you visited the nurse's office?“

Unknowingly, Nako reaches out her hands, gently rubbing Wonyoung's back as the younger continues to cough.

“Sorry, unnie, just caught a cold, really,“ a sniff, ”I'm fine.“

She isn't. Nako knows.

No one can caught a cold that fast, and if it isn't that, then Wonyoung's red puffed eyes and nose certainly says something else.

Have she been crying?

Once again, the question dies, and Nako can't help but to mentally slap her face. How pathetic, how very pathetic of you, Nako-ssi.

“Unnie,“ Wonyoung calls once again, no less softer than prior, just hoarser.

This time, Nako leans closer, ”Yeah?“ she says, swallowing when Wonyoung's eyes met hers.

Have you been crying?

The question that don't need to be questioned, for the answer is obvious— ”Why have you been crying?“

Wonyoung blinks her teary eyes, her mouth opening and closing, yet no words came out. A tear falls, and another follows, and another, and another—

She cries,

Wonnie, I made my crush cry, what should I do?”