Chapter 1: Starstruck

Start from the beginning

"Uh, I guess." Her heart thumps in her chest. This situation felt serious and only seems to be getting more serious by the second.

"Will you help the Avengers go against the law?" Sam finally asks.

Alina's breath hitches in her chest. Her mind starts swirling with excitement and nervousness all at the same time. Getting to meet the Avengers? That would be a dream come true. But going against the law? That is an issue, a big one. Although at the end of the day, Alina trusts Sam. He helped her grandpa all those years ago, and now it's her turn to help him.

"Sam are you still there?" she asks.

"Yeah."

"I'm in."

And just like that, Sam hangs up. With a sigh, Alina tucks her phone away in her pocket and stands up. As she continues to walk home, her mind spins with thoughts. She has no idea where she's going. How she's going to get there, or even who she's going with. All she knows is that she's helping out the Avengers and whatever it is they're doing, it's against the law. This has her thinking. Since Sam said the situation concerns the Accords, that likely means that only half of the Avengers are even involved. Alina knows this since it was reported on the news that only about half of the Avengers signed the Accords, but they didn't exactly name any names. She knows for a fact though that Sam definitely wasn't one of the ones who signed. After all, he did say that the Accords were stupid, and to Alina, he just doesn't see like the kind of person who would allow governments to have so much control over something, especially after seeing the damage that corrupt governments can do from his days in the United States Air Force.

When Alina gets home, she heads for her room, but her mom blocks her path. "I just got a call from Sam Wilson," she announces.

Alina's gut churns. Why in the world would Sam have called her mom?!

"And I'm so proud of you," her mom finishes, capturing Alina in a hug.

Alina tenses in confusion. What the heck did Sam tell her mother?!

After her mother lets her go, she stares Alina in the eyes. "You should probably start packing for your trip right now," she suggests.

Alina's face contorts in utter confusion. "Wait, where exactly am I going?" she asks.

Her mother smiles proudly at her. "To Germany of course. I thought Sam said he already told you. You're going to Germany to assist him as a junior intern for the Department of Veterans Affairs trip."

A smile creeps onto Alina's lips. Good ol' Sam. He already thought of an alibi to get her parents to let her to go. It's a good thing her parents tend to miss the news on TV. Otherwise, they would know more about Sam's involvement in the Accords and would know that he was lying to them about this whole VA trip she's suddenly invited on.

-~-~-***+++***-~-~-

Alina stares at her reflection in her bedroom mirror and smiles. Just because she's going to help the Avengers out, that doesn't mean that she's going to reveal her identity to them so easily.

Over her eyes and the upper part of her nose is a maroon red mask while her blond hair is held up in a somewhat messy ponytail. She's wearing a maroon red body suit with gold accents which is inspired by one of Alina's favorite Avengers, Black Widow. Finally, she's also wearing combat boots.

Alina admires her DIY suit for a little longer when her phone dings. She grabs it off her desk and holds it up. It's a text from Sam with the location for her pickup.

Excitement fills inside of her. This is actually happening. She's really about to meet some Avengers and help them out. Thank God her parents had her brother and her take martial arts classes during the summers. Otherwise, she would be feeling much more unsure of herself when it comes to self defense and combat.