Chapter 4

Hope today will go better than my first day of school. I grabbed my bag, put my black high top converse on and headed to the car. *beep *beep

"hurry up carter!" Aren't the girls always late because we want everything to be perfect.

After 5 minutes he came and hopped in the car
"what took you so long?" I wonder.

"I had business to do."

I don't bother asking cause I know he's not going to tell me, so I'm just going to look through the window and wait till we're at school, It was cloudy outside, looked like it was about to rain. After 10 minutes we reached school and Carter parked the car. I got out of the car and I saw the guys waiting for Carter, they looked like they were hiding something. I still didn't ask Carter because I know it has something to do with something illegal as usual. Logan caught me starring, he didn't do anything we just looked at each other, until I was cut off by James.

"Earth to Faith" James was waving his hands which cut my stare.

"Sorry, I zoned out. What's up?" he laughed at me.

"Just wanted to walk with you." I smiled and nodded in agreement.

"Why is Logan looking at you." I turn my head back to where he is and he was still looking at me.

I need to confront him about his starring problem.

"I don't know, I'm going to tell him to stop when I get the chance" I say angrily.

I make my way to to my locker and grab my things for homeroom.

"After that don't speak to him again, alright?" James says with a concerned look.

"Alright" I mumble.

"I'll see you at homeroom, I'm going to my locker." I nodded in agreement and shut my locker.

I turn around and walk to my homeroom. Suddenly a large force passed by me and hit my shoulder making me fall and dropping my things on the ground.

"Sorry" A deep voice said while picking up my things, I got up and noticed that he is one of my brothers friends with .

"It's okay" I say, not looking at him, I hope he doesn't figure out that I'm Carters sister.

"You're Carters sister right? I'm hunter"

Dammit! I look up to him in defeat. Hunter had black hair and brown hair, he was very attractive. I just stood there without saying a word.

"Are you going to Carters race today?" I never knew Carter was in racing, he's hiding so many things from me these days.

"No" I said with no expression, I don't like getting involved with illegal things.

"Why not? It's going to be fun" I look at him confused.

Fun? How is that fun? Watching people race for money.

"I don't want to go, it's boring" he had a shocked look

"have you ever been to one? I bet you haven't. Go today and if it's boring then you're right."

I don't know if I should go, it's a bad crowd and I don't want to get in trouble, although I might find out what more my brother is hiding from me.

"I'll think about it." he smiled at my answer. He opened his mouth to say something but got cut of from the bell.
~*~
I take a seat next to Abby at our lunch table.

"Hey Faith, a lot of people are talking about your bump with Hunter."

Nothing happened between us, why are people talking?

"Nothing happened he just asked if I was going to my brothers race tonight."

everyone snapped there heads to me.

"Seriously? Are you going?" I still don't know if I should go or not.

"I don't know." Abby's smile became a frown.

"Please go, I'll go with you! I always wanted to go to a dirt race!"

I didn't know Abby was the type to like races.

"Fine, but I'm only going for my brother, I need to find out more things that he's hiding from me."

A smile spread across her face " YAY! I'll meet you at your house at 6, I know where the race is and what time it starts."

Damn, she really wants to go. "Alright" I gave her a half smiled and ate the rest of my lunch. After 15 minutes the bell rang indicating third period. Today I'm for sure not sitting in Logan's seat, I swear, him and that spot are lovers. They're a group of girls at my locker, they're the girls Carter told me not to hang with, I wonder what they want.

I'm not going to bother going to my locker now, I turn around and head to my class hopefully one of them doesn't notice me.

"Faith!"

Dammit, one of them called me, I turned around and it was a blonde girl with blue eyes, she was really pretty.

"hey" they all slowly walk towards me.

"Do you want to hang with us? You're Carters sister, he's the second hottest guy in our school, and we saw you talking to hunter this morning."

They smiled, but that just made me feel uncomfortable.

"No thank you." They seem like your typical mean girls.

They all then got mad at my decision.

"your lost" they laughed then shoved me to the locker and left me there.

I didn't bother doing something back. I looked at my watch and saw that I'm 10 minutes late. I quickly took my things from my locker and went to my class. The door was shut. I knocked on the door twice and waited for it to open. The door open and a very angry teacher was there waiting for my apology.

"S-sorry for coming late to class" I'm never late to class, this is my first time.

"Take the seat next to Logan and be quite." there was no other seat so I had to sit next to him.

Everyone's eyes traveled me until I sat next to Logan. I don't want to sit next to him but this might be my chance to tell him to stop being a creep. The teacher finally finished he's 10 minute lecture and I had my chance to tell Logan to stop starring at me. I opened my mouth to speak but Logan already beat me to it.

"Why were you late to class?" He smirked.

"None of your business." I didn't want to tell him why, he'll think I'm weak for not doing anything or saying anything back to the girls.

He didn't reply to my response, instead he just looked at me.

"Why are you keep starring at me?" He was shocked that I asked him that.

"Usually girls are scared to be rude to me but you, you're different. They just flirt with me and try to change me." He said in a serious tone.

"You don't scare me." Luckily I was saved by the bell, I quickly left the class and didn't bother saying bye to him.