The past three weeks in August, Lauren had been on her phone non-stop and talking to the same guy. Which she found out, was her brother. And here she was, thinking she had no chance anymore.

Before she knew it, it was already 4 pm and she had already cooked a full meal for Lauren, even set up a table on her room's balcony, ready to ask her out.

"Flowers." Camila nodded to herself, rushing to get out.

She didn't know when Lauren was coming back, but she wanted to take her chances and wish later.

None of them talked about the incident weeks ago, it's like it never happened. Camila tried to open it up, but Lauren was always too immersed with her conversation with her brother, or writing her publications. Although it seemed to be fine, the incident and the topic was an elephant in the room.

"Hi." Camila smiled, greeting the old lady inside the shop.

It was a boutique in the streets of New York, the most popular one to be exact. Each flowers were freshly picked, taken and delivered with care. The owner, Mrs. Cortez was a close friend of Camila, given that the old lady had always taken a liking on relaxing on the Paffee Shop.

"Mija! what a surprise. Tu mama te visito?" Mrs. Cortez asked, using their native language to ask about Sinuhe.

"No Mrs. Cortez, she didn't." Camila smiled.

"Well this is new, who are the flowers for?"

See, this was the thing. Camila would only visit the shop for two things:

1. Sinuhe came to visit and wants new flowers, or just Camila wanting to give her mom flowers.

2. Mrs. Cortez ordered from the Paffee shop.

"I uh..." Camila started, before she felt her cheeks heat up.

"The time has come!" Mrs. Cortez whisper-yelled.

"Rodrigo! get out here and tend to the customers! I am busy!" The old lady yelled, startling Camila.

"I'm garde-Get out here or so help me God I will send the cuchillo flying to where you are!" Mrs. Cortez yelled at her son.

"Coming Mama!" Rodrigo answered, before they both hear loud thuds.

"So, what does she look like?" Mrs. Cortez smiled.

"She's beautiful, she has the most beautiful emerald eyes and I..." Camila started, biting her lip and blushing as she thought of the raven.

"Sounds like you really like her." Mrs. Cortez smiled.

"Why don't I just show you a picture?" Camila smiled shyly, taking her phone out.

"Ay mija, such fine woman. Say no more, I have the perfect flower!" Mrs. Cortez smiled before she quickly acted upon the work.

Within minutes later, Camila was out the door and waving goodbye and thanks to the woman-who even gave the flowers for free.

Camila gently reached for her phone on her coat, scanning Lauren's contact name. It was 5 pm, maybe Lauren was on the way home, and Camila wanted to make sure she'd be ready.

Passing by the Central Park, Camila bit her lip as she dialed the familiar number. She patiently waited, before she heard a familiar song a few feet away from her.

The 1975, Robbers. Maybe it was coincidental, but the smile on her face was wide. She remembered how Lauren found out she listens to The 1975 because of the song, and decided it would be her caller ring tone.