New York

Miami had always been a home to her, despite being double cultured. It was a place she always wanted to live in, grow old in, and perhaps build a family in. Or at least that was her plans before love decided to sweep its way in.

Before she knew it, all her goals were thrown out the window and she was on the trip to New York, ready to take on another chapter of her life, and perhaps settle down in the empire state.

But fate had other plans, and decided to play it's part. Because as soon as she was in the city and ready to start her new life in a new environment...Love really went and gave her a new start.

"You're staring off into space again." A familiar voice spoke up behind her, startling the raven.

"Is something wrong?" The familiar asked again.

"Nothing, I was just remembering my first day here in New York." She responded, turning around to look at the brown-eyes looking directly at hers.

"It wasn't a good start, but hey. Look at you now. I'm proud of you Lauren." Her familiar said.

"Thank you Camila, and thank you for saving me that day." Lauren smiled.

"I told you I'm not a rapist." Camila shrugged, before Lauren frowned.

"You're never gonna let that go aren't you?" Lauren asked.

"You'll never hear the end of it." Camila chuckled before she grabbed her coat.

"I'm off, lock the doors." Camila reminded before she slipped out the door, leaving Lauren with her thoughts again.

One month ago.

"I'm sorry Lauren." Keaton apologized, while Lauren looked at him in disbelief.

"You could've told me when I was still in Miami Keaton!" Lauren exclaimed.

"I didn't think you'd go through, I really loved you. I swear b-"

"But what? Your dick apparently went inside someone elses?" Lauren scoffed.

"I was drunk, and her father had already made sure to tie me down to her." Keaton said, regret in his eyes.

Lauren didn't say anything anymore, rather she just turned around and started walking away, cursing herself for tearing up.

"Lauren." Keaton called from a distance. When she heard his footsteps, she immediately jogged away as fast as she could.

As her vision started to get blurry with her tears, her breath started to become uneasy. She could feel her heart breaking-Who wouldn't? Imagine dating someone for 3 years for the sole purpose of settling down, and you find out he impregnated someone else on the day you were supposed to be together?

All her thoughts were thrown out the window when she accidentally bumped into someone.

"I'm so sorry." A raspy yet concerned voice apologized, catching her before she could stumble.

When Lauren looked up, she was met by a beautiful pair of brown eyes she's ever seen.

She remembered how Camila instantly pulled her in a hug when the brunette realized she was crying. She didn't know how it happened, but she knew she felt comfortable around Camila.

"This is your place?" Lauren asked, while the brunette nodded.

"Yeah, you can stay here. It's big enough for the both of us."

"Oh no, I can just find a hotel and all."

"I insist, I actually live alone. You can occupy the other room." Camila said, placing a glass of water on the counter for Lauren.