(21) The Bass Player

Beginne am Anfang

"I swear, that's you guys' answer to everything." Jennie laughed.

"Hey, now. Everyone needs someone special to make out and cuddle. There is no shame in that," said Jhope, ignoring the startled little gasp from me.

"And Lalisa needs someone who isn't Jungkook for obvious reasons." Jhope enunciated as he and Bam gave high fives to each other. What the hell with these two?

"Why not Jungkook?" Down the table, Taehyung sat up in his seat.

"Because she works for him?" Interjected my cousin, tugging at the collar of his shirt.

"Oh, please. Stop and think about this. Everyone he dates and sleeps with ends up hating him." Jhope continued on as if Jungkook wasn't here.

"That's not true," said Jungkook.

"No? Name one woman you've slept with that still talks to you." Time crept on, but Jungkook did not respond, and no one else came to his rescue either.

"My point exactly. You do no aftercare and it shows." Jhope turned back to everyone.

"He doesn't even have the decency to act as if he's interested in hooking up with you again. Nothing is taken, not even the phone number. It's just plain rude." Yoongi chimed in.

"Ohh." I mocked him greatly with my eyes. So Jungkook really had a history of flirting.

"And you! You're too stubborn for him." Jhope pointed a finger at me.

"Agreed. Lalisa and Jungkook do fight a lot." Namjoon scratched at his head.

"I've got an idea!" He put down his finger and grabbed me by my shoulder.

"Taehyung..." Jhope called the bassist.

"....why don't you take Lalisa out?" He suggested.

"Yes, I agree!" Bam supported the drummer's words.

"What?" I flat-lined.

"That's a great idea," exclaimed Rosie, while Jimin nodded in approval.

"Would love to." Taehyung gave me a charming appreciative smile. Tell me, how could I reject that face?

"Good!" said Jhope, steadfastly refusing my attempts to get his attention

"Schedule and find a nice place brother." Bam interjected.

"Hey." I pulled out as I snapped my fingers in Bam and Jhope's faces.

"Stop it, you two. I do not need you fixing me up with people." Rude but highly effective.

"Of course, don't worry about it." Taehyung answered Bam.

"You're single as well as Taehyung. What's wrong?" Bam asked. He was the wrong one. He knew about my issue with Jungkook and now he was throwing me out to the other members? Such a manipulative piece of jerk.

"You're embarrassing me," I said quietly.

"No one's judging you or thinking badly of you, Lalisa. We are your friends and we're glad to help you. You need to enjoy Seoul." Jisoo comforted me.

Just then, Taehyung called me out as he stood next to me.

"Lalisa, it's okay, really. I would love to take you out. What do you say?" He said, his dark eyes warm.

Everyone watched me patiently. Smiling and expecting me to say some positive answer to the man who is standing tall next to me. As everyone looked excited, I noticed two people having no expression at the moment. Despite his deadpan face, I believe Jungkook was also agreeing to this. However, I wasn't sure about the other one because she quietly walked out the room.

'You need to get out and see other people' Jungkook's words echoed inside my head.

If I had to date, though, Kim Taehyung was a damn fine choice. Attractive and he looks like he could carry a good conversation. The man ticked a lot of boxes and apparently, he did want to go out with me.

At the very least, it'd be a fun night out with a friend. At best, my feelings would somehow disconnect from Jungkook and turn to someone who could truly want it. A potential win-win situation.

"Maybe it's time for me to start dating again." With my shoulders pushed back and my chest out, I said. It's pointless to be hesitant. It's all about going big or going home.

"But I can do this myself." I turned to the bass player.

"Taehyung, how would you feel about going to dinner with me sometime?"

"Love to," he said with a grin.

"Great. Okay, then." That wasn't so hard.

Everyone looked like they were watching a movie, and the man who initially advised me to do this was just across the room, and whatever expression he had on his perfect face didn't even elicit the same reaction from the others.

(A/N: Happy 5k TTY!! 🥺)