(14) Pretty Lie

✯✯

LISA's POV

Three months later and still no email from the LK label.

"Lisa, have you seen my bleach dyed check shirt from Nonagon?" Jungkook asked as he was busy searching in his wardrobe.

Yes, I'm at Jungkook's unit just below one floor from Bam's. Since it's the band's day off but obviously not mine, I'm still working for him.

"No." I answered as I glanced at him. My hands were  busy on my laptop as I was also working on my portfolio while checking his schedules. School stuff.

"You sure?" His brows became one dark cranky line.

"Yes. I haven't seen it." I looked back at my laptop screen.

"Can't find it anywhere." He ranted.

"Jungkook, you own more clothing than Kanye and Drake, put together.  Things are bound to go missing." I tilted my head in dismay.

"Sure you haven't seen it?"

"For goodness sake, what do you think? That I stole it to sleep in or something?" I burst out laughing. The truth, without a doubt, deserves to be mocked. I'd descended to such a despicable level.

Jeon Jungkook must never know. NEVER.

I hadn't even meant to steal the stupid thing, but the checkered shirt had been mixed up with my go-to bag weeks ago. I was supposed to give that back to him but I decided not to since I knew he had more tops like that. Besides secretly getting that souvenir from him, I also liked the color and scent of him lingering on that shirt.

I know, my shame knew no limits

"No." He frowned.

"That I have some deep hidden need to get close to you, which leads to me taking your shirt like some weird perv?"

"What? I don't think like that," he replied crankily, reaching up to grip the top of the doorframe. All of his chiseled features nicely stretched the arms of his white T-shirt.

"Just can't figure out where the hell it could be." He muttered, his face was getting more curious.

My guardian angel is certainly disappointed in me right now. Pretty little liar, Lalisa.

"I don't know where it is. But I'll look around for it later, okay?" With no shame, I lied to him.

"Okay," He said.

"Geez. You're doing it again. Will you stop looking at me weirdly?" He added as an afterthought. 

"I'm not!" That lie I could never hide.

Later that afternoon, when Jungkook just finished his lifts and pull-ups, I was still at my laptop but sometimes I looked at him secretly.

"O come on," he started.

"Do you want to say something to me?" His eyes narrowed.

"What?" I need to master the art of looking without him knowing.

"You looked at me." His pointy threatening finger sat beneath my nose.