Chapter 51- The Noise

Start from the beginning

I let out a sigh of exhaustion. "I know what you're thinking, okay? But I didn't write that exposé and I'm getting real tired explaining myself."

"Oh yeah? I think you're a lying ass little bitch, Rowena." He seethes. Every few words bring him a step closer.

My anger flares a spark. "And I think you're a coward ass little bitch Jeremy, what the fuck is your point?"

"You just couldn't leave shit alone, could you?" He asks slowly. He steps closer to me still and I end up stepping away as he goes on. "It wasn't enough to take Natalie away from me. Now my best friend won't talk to me because of you, Rowena. My uncle is in jail now, because of you."

"Your Uncle? I don't know what you-" My words were cut off when he shoved me into the lockers. The sound of my back hitting the metal echoed off the walls. And then it was that glare... the glare of his pale green eyes, the coldness and the anger that showed through them. My stomach plummeted once the realization kicked in.

"He was your uncle...?" My voice was barely audible. "Giovanni is your uncle?" I asked more clearly. That's why Giovanni had looked so familiar when I first saw his picture. Jeremey had the same eyes as he did. The resemblance at this moment became the most obvious thing in the world.

He didn't say anything to my realization. He was just breathing harder as his anger kept building. "Jeremey, your Uncle's in jail because he's a piece of shit. He kidnapped people, he sold drugs, he's most likely murdered before. He's only getting what he deserves and the only thing I'm sorry for is the fact that you can't see that for yourself."

"Shut the fuck up!" He yelled and slammed his fists into the lockers behind me. With one fist on each side of my head, I was trapped now. "Just shut up. You should have kept your mouth shut. My uncle was none of your business. None of it was your business, not with Duncan or Brooke and especially not with Natalie."

"Natalie is my business, but it doesn't matter. What happened with her was your own fucking fault! Get off of me." I shoved him away with both my arms. Then I froze.

He caught my wrist in a vice grip, the same wrist that still wasn't completely healed. He must have seen the fear that flashed in my eyes because he had a nasty smirk on his face now.

"I know you're not sorry, Rowena. But you will be," and with that, he yanked me towards him so hard by the wrist and twisted it up at an angle it wasn't supposed to go. The scream I let out didn't even sound like me and the heat from the pain burned like no other.

He shoved me to the ground and I barely had time to catch myself with my uninjured arm before I hit the floor. I held my wrist close to my chest hoping not to move it anymore.

"Don't worry, Rowena," Jeremey said when his feet were right at my side. I was yanked again. This time he caught me by the upper arms, hoisting me up and slamming me back against the lockers. "You're only getting what you deserve," He teased.

It was a struggle to focus on anything but the pain I felt in my wrist, but I needed to. I took deep breaths and thought of something else. And that's when my brain helped me make a decision.

Because I had helped put a grown ass criminal behind bars just a few weeks ago. It doesn't matter if they're related. It doesn't matter that these pale green eyes are practically the same that haunted me in my nightmares. Jeremey was just a boy in comparison... a boy that hurt Natalie.

So before he could hurt me any more than he already has, I took my uninjured hand and decked him in the fucking throat.

He threw his head back and went into a coughing fit. While he was distracted, I shoved my knee into his groin and he double over as he still struggled to breathe.