Chapter 15- Useless Bonehead

I had expected things to be awkward between us after our near-kiss experience

I had expected things to be awkward between us after our near-kiss experience. I had expected myself to be award with him.

But it wasn't awkward at all. I think we actually grew closer because of it. But we also haven't mentioned it since it happened, and it's been a few days since. If he wasn't going to bring it up, then neither was I. As long as we kept the way we were going, I was fine with it.

I had been around the team more frequently since coach has apparently been requesting me to be there.

He mainly has me doing things to help set up for practice, like setting up cones or stacking paper cups for the boys who didn't bring bottles.

In any other circumstance, I'm sure I would've told him he could shove his paper cups up his ass and that I wouldn't be a slave for a herd of sweaty soccer boys.

But watching coach yell at the boys was surprisingly entertaining. He also let me get away with a lot, which meant I could mess the boys however often I wanted and coach would find a way to defend me.

Which came in handy when I wanted to do my favorite after-school activity... pissing off Duncan.

I saw the way Duncan would pick on Cyrus, probably still holding a grudge that Cyrus kicked his ass last year when they were on opposite teams.

He's kind of just a dick to the team in general though. It made me wonder how the hell he ever made team captain. The only person he was remotely friendly to was Jeremy, the two of them leeching off each other's negative energy.

But here's the difference between me and the boys. If the boys spoke out against Duncan and how he managed the team, Duncan would easily pull his rank against them and make practice their living hell.

However, if I were to say something to Duncan and he were to talk back to me, Coach would throw a fit in my defense.

Which brings us to the current situation.

"Man, my insides are drier than the Sahara, coach can we get a water break?" One of the boys asked as he rested his hands on his knees, crouching over himself to catch his breath. I think his name was Nicolas.

"No water breaks until you get the drill right," Duncan grumbled from the side, "That goes for all of you."

It was a hard practice, I could tell from everyone working to catch their breath too. Everyone except for Adam, who was stuck to the bleachers. Coach benched him next game for missing practice this week and ordered him to practice sitting still, which is something he had a hard time with. I could still hear him complaining to himself about wanting to run or something.

Yet everyone else was looking dehydrated and in need of some fluids.

"Duncan, seriously, a little hydration isn't going to hurt anybody. We did the drill over and over again," Cyrus pitched in.