Chapter 49- Breaking News!

That same night I have all my friends over so we can talk about prom and college applications and every other senior year talk

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

That same night I have all my friends over so we can talk about prom and college applications and every other senior year talk. And we did for a little, but pizza and a movie turned out to be the plan anyway.

When the movie was over and there were few pizza crusts left on the boxes, I heard Adam speak.

"Stay just like that." I only realized he was talking to Cyrus when I looked over at Adam with his one eye squinted and aiming a mozzarella packet at him.

"Hell no, I don't trust that for a second," Cyrus said immediately before even turning around to see what he was doing.

"C'monnn" He whined. "I have this very strong urge to chuck this at your back. It's like an itch I can't scratch until you let me."

"Stay itchy," Cyrus said before throwing himself on the couch. Adam chucked it at him anyway and the two start arguing and throwing packaged cheese at each other.

I look up at Natalie from where my head rests on her lap. She had been braiding my hair while I had my legs sprawled out on Declan on the other side of the coach. Natalie was watching the two being as stupid as they came, but she looked a little while longer at Cyrus. I don't know what she had been thinking, but it caused the softest smile on her face.

Adam and Cyrus ended up in the kitchen, leaving the three of us in the living room. I kicked Declan gently with my foot to get his attention. When he looks at me I nudge my head in the direction of the kitchen, signaling that I needed some girl talk with Natalie.

"I'm going to go make sure they don't break anything in there," He announces before he gets up to leave.

"Thank you!" I say after him.

When he's gone, I sit up immediately and stare at Nat. She looks at me like something was wrong, not knowing what I was thinking.

"You like him," I say.

"Like who?" She asks, but her cheeks are already warming.

"You like Cyrus and you haven't told me one thing about your feelings yet."

"I-" She fails to start. "Well, I- um."

"Natalie... it's okay if you like him. You're allowed to move on from your last relationship."

"I know but it's not just that," She admits slowly.

"Then what else could it be?"

"Lillian," She frowns. "I'd have to be an idiot if I didn't notice the way she feels about him. I know we're not actually friends like that but I would still feel bad about it knowing she has like the biggest crush on him."

"Lillian had a crush on Cyrus for all the wrong reasons. She didn't know him outside of his looks. Plus, I fixed that today. She just needed an extra push to make her realize who she really has a crush on."