"Since you're here, Walman, I want to ask you something."

"About what?"

"Do you have any plans for summer vacation?"

"No, why?"

Meteos' expression brightened. "Then if I asked your help in my summer vacation project, it will be okay, right?"

"Hmm..."

"Come on, something good may happen!"

Walman wasn't sure what Meteos mean by that, but he eventually agreed.

"Eh, fine. I have nothing to do in summer, anyway."

"Nice! Now I have to go home, see you tomorrow, Walman!"

Meteos stood up from the bench and ran home.

-----------------------

Ignismens (Month 7) 25, 1613 Central Calendar, 14:00

Falkenhausen Residence

There's a hundred and four days of summer vacation, then school comes along just to end it. So the annual problem for young generation is finding a good way to spend it.

Like maybe... building a rocket, or fighting a mummy, or climbing up the Eiffel Tower.

Currently, Meteos is sitting on a couch in the living room, while across from him is Walman's father, William Falkenhausen. He is a retired Navy Lieutenant Commander, a former small ship and test ship captain before becoming the owner of a factory in Leiden. His son was somewhere in the town.

"So, you're asking my permission to let you use the tools in my factory for your summer vacation project?" William asked.

"Yes, didn't Walman tell you about that?"

"He did, but I never expected you to come to me."

"Ah, about that, I didn't specify what project I will do." Meteos scratched his head as he spoke.

Stroking his chin, William leaned forward.

"...Say, assuming I give you permission to use my factory's tools, what are you planning to make?"

Meteos nodded and reached for his bag, then took the blueprints he had prepared and arranged them across the table. A look of astonishment appeared on William's face as he looked closer to examine the blueprint.

"This is... are you planning to make a mana detector?"

Meteos nodded. Of course, the machine he is going to create is capable of doing more than that, but let's save the surprise for later.

"You draw these by yourself?" William asked again, glancing up to the boy. He had to admit, the drawing itself is very detailed for something made by a junior high school student.

"Of course! I spent hours perfecting the details, you know." Meteos bragged.

"Heh, alright, you have piqued my interest. You may use the machine tools in my factory, but under my supervision, got it?"

"Thank you very much, Mr. Falkenhausen."

-----------------------

Ignismens 25, 1613 Central Calendar, 15:30

Meteos' House

"I'm home."

When Meteos arrived at his home, he was greeted by the sight of his parents standing near the doorway.

Just A Reincarnation Story (Summoning Japan Edition)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें