⠀⠀⠀𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊. against the clock

Începe de la început

⠀⠀⠀However, no one seemed to agree, even if her sentiment was honest except for Dale. He stepped forward, resting his hand on Bianca's shoulder, and nodded.

⠀⠀⠀"You once said that we don't kill the living," Dale said to Rick.

⠀⠀⠀"Well, that was before the living tried to kill us," Rick retorted.

⠀⠀⠀"But don't you see?" Dale asked, stressing his question further. "If we do this, the people that we were—the world that we knew is dead. And this new world is ugly. It's... harsh. It's—It's survival of the fittest, and that's a world I don't wanna live in. And I don't believe that any of you do. I can't. Please. Let's just do what's right. Bianca's with me. Isn't there anyone else who's gonna stand with me?"

⠀⠀⠀"He's right," Andrea agreed reluctantly. "We should try to find another way."

⠀⠀⠀"Anybody else?" Rick asked.

⠀⠀⠀No one stepped forward.

⠀⠀⠀"Are y'all gonna watch, too?" Dale asked, sniffling. "No, you'll go hide your heads in your tents and try to forget that we're slaughtering a human being. I won't be party to it."

⠀⠀⠀Dale shook his head, stepped away from Bianca, and started to leave the house. He paused on his way beside Daryl, resting his hand on Daryl's chest, and looked at him.

⠀⠀⠀"This group is broken."

BIANCA SAT BACK at camp. The rest of the group dispersed not long after Dale had left. It didn't matter what their tiny voices said. The majority ruled. Rick, Shane, and Daryl were preparing to execute Randall, and all Bianca felt like she could do was sit and wait until it was done.

⠀⠀⠀"I really appreciate what you did for me in there," Dale said, his words rousing Bianca from her stupor.

⠀⠀⠀Bianca turned slowly to look at Dale as he sat beside her with a kind smile laced with the sadness and disappointment from their group. Bianca frowned and let out a small sigh, looking ahead of herself again.

⠀⠀⠀"I didn't do it for you," she muttered softly.

⠀⠀⠀"Either way," Dale sighed, appreciative of her standing up for what she believed in. "Not many would speak up... or did."

⠀⠀⠀Bianca let a smile slip, nodding her head in understanding. Then, they proceeded in silence as they watched the farmhouse littered with people talking and watching and pacing all around it. No one got close to them, though, guilt residing within them for not having the courage to say what they might want to.

⠀⠀⠀Dale rustled around in his seat, then rested his wrist over his knee and fiddled with his watch. He removed it from his arm, holding it by the face, and peered curiously down at the hands.