⠀⠀⠀𝒙𝒊𝒗. between a rock and a hard place

Começar do início

⠀⠀⠀"It's your stance," Rick explained. "You're not giving yourself enough balance, so you end up getting pushed around.

⠀⠀⠀Rick walked Bianca back to the shooting line. He kicked her feet apart, so she stood with them at shoulder width, her dominant foot ahead by only a few inches. He directed her hands, right hand on the handle and trigger finger down the side of the barrel. Then, her left hand rested slightly lower, wrapping around her right hand and holding it firmly in place.

⠀⠀⠀"Now, lift the gun and aim," Rick said when he finished, stepping back, so he was standing in front of her. "You should be looking through the sight and align the can inside it. Now, try again, and don't let the kickback knock you out."

⠀⠀⠀"Alright," Bianca muttered. She did as he asked, taking a deep breath in then out, and squeezed the trigger. The bullet flew from the chamber through the air and clipped the side of the can. Bianca stared with wide eyes as the can tipped then settled back in place but still, she had hit it! Bianca turned to Rick with a grin and exclaimed. "I did it! I did it!"

⠀⠀⠀"Well, not exactly," Rick laughed, patting her shoulder. "But it's better. You'll be hitting your marks in no time."

⠀⠀⠀Bianca grinned to herself as Rick left her to check on the others. She turned to Carl, and he nodded in excitement, having seen she had hit her target. She laughed a little to herself, then continued to practice.

BIANCA SAT WITH Daryl in his tent while he slept. She had been told that she couldn't use her sheet and stick as her place to sleep anymore by Rick. So, Daryl assured her that she could camp out in his. He had more than enough room anyway since it was meant for him and Merle.

⠀⠀⠀Bianca had gotten to chapter seven in The Pillars of the Earth, her eyes growing foggy, and she nearly fell asleep when she heard shouting. Bianca stayed lying down, resting the book on her chest as she peeked outside the mesh window with half-lidded eyes.

⠀⠀⠀"Hey!" Maggie shouted, storming from the truck she and Glenn had arrived in and was headed toward Lori. "We got your stuff!"

⠀⠀⠀"Maggie, hang on, please," Glenn called desperately behind her, trying to keep up.

⠀⠀⠀Lori sat a few feet from Daryl's tent, folding laundry. She looked around warily, not seeing anyone around, then ushered Maggie to follow her.

⠀⠀⠀"C'mon in here," Lori said, her words soft but nervous.

⠀⠀⠀Bianca furrowed her brows, curious why Lori seemed so nervous and Maggie angry. She hadn't seen either like that in their time at the farm.

⠀⠀⠀"Why? Nothin' to hide!" Maggie exclaimed, fumbling with the bag in her hand as she started throwing items at Lori. "We got your special delivery right here! We got your lotion, got your conditioner, your Soap Opera Digest."