𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓, banishment

ابدأ من البداية

Evelyn takes a large pole, with a stick tied across the top to form a T shape, from Newt before leaving Chuck to pull Thomas back, not wanting him to interfere.

Thomas' eyes stay on Evelyn as they all stand in a row, their heads turned as they watch Minho lead Ben across the Glade.

Minho grits his teeth, trying his best not to let Ben's pleas effect him before he kneels the boy down in front of the open doors, keeping a firm grip on the back of his neck while some of the Gladers around them lower their spears, pushing in and creating a small circle around the pair so Ben can't escape.

Minho holds his hand out towards Eve, staring at her as she passes him a knife out of her waist band. He proceeds to use the small weapon to cut Ben's ties that kept his wrists bound together, causing the boy to fall forward and gasp for air.

"No, no, no. Please, please don't do it." Ben begs, looking up at Minho with his jet black eyes, "Please, Minho."

Alby gives a nod of approval and the asian throws the small bag of supplies and food into the maze, causing Ben to yell louder, realising that it's all coming to an end.

Evelyn wanted nothing more than to go forward and hug her friend, but everything about him put her against it.

The maze starts to rumble and the wind begins to blow down the maze entrance, causing Ben to cower back and whimper at the sudden coolness.

Thomas steps forward in curiosity but Chuck grabs his wrist, stopping him from going any further.

"Poles!" Alby shouts as soon as Ben starts to try to escape. The rest of the Gladers, lower their sticks, the flat edge pointing out at Ben and he scurries back, terrified of them all.

Chuck bites his lip before walking away, his feet kicking through the long green grass. Thomas doesn't even batter an eyelid at the young boys absence and keeps his attention trained on the banishment.

Ben lazily pushes himself up off the floor and starts to wobble around, not being able to create enough balance to stay still.

"Move in." Alby instructs and Eve's fingers tighten around the pole as they all step forward, making the space around Ben smaller and smaller.

"No, no, no! Please, please!" Ben starts to yell, trying his best to push against the sticks.

His frantic eyes land on Evelyn and Thomas watches carefully as she turns her head away, not being able to meet the zombies eyes. The boy in front of her wasn't her Ben and she hated it.

"No! I can get better! Please! Just listen to me!" More and more cries left his mouth but earns no responses and he's just shoved and shoved, edging him nearer to the maze doors that would soon be closed.

"Push him in!" Alby bellows and the boys do as ordered but Evelyn steps back a little, not wanting to be the one who kills her best friend.

The doors start to close and he stops struggling against the sticks and instead smashes his hands on the stone walls. Evelyn's lip quivers as she sees the last of Ben's face before the doors shut, hiding him away and quieting his screams.

Everyone just stops, staring sadly down at the floor, while Evelyn drops her stick angrily, causing all of the boys surrounding to look up at her, Thomas being the only one surprised by the action. She barges past him and he hears small cusses escaping her lips.