003.

CINEMA ‧₊˚ * 🎞 
╰► oo3. into the iland

"HARU, WAKE UP!" SHE HEARD, FEELING SOMEONE SHAKE HER ARM

"HARU, WAKE UP!" SHE HEARD, FEELING SOMEONE SHAKE HER ARM. Letting out a soft groan, she turned onto her side. "I'm tired..." She grumbled out in her native tongue, too comfortable to realise she wasn't in her apartment but rather in a facility full of boys.

"Eh? Was that Japanese?"

"What else?"

Haru clicked her tongue as she forced her eyes open in annoyance, sluggishly kicking the blanket off her feet and sitting up. She turned her head to find two figures standing in front of her through her squinted eyes. "Huh?"

"C'mon, everyone's up already," Jay sighed in Japanese, taking her back. Sunghoon stood beside him.

"Am I hallucinating?" Her eyebrows raised, "I didn't know you could speak Japanese."

"I'm learning," Jay chuckled, tossing a towel at her, "Now go freshen up."

‧₊˚ * 🎞

AT SOME POINT IN THE MIDDLE OF HARU DEVOURING HER BREAKFAST, the speakers echoed out a notice for when the first test would be revealed — 10 minutes. The i-landers quickly finished whatever they were doing and scrambled down to the first floor. Haru had never eaten that fast in her life.

Everyone gathered around the white chairs as the 10-minute countdown that was screened on the egg gate had ended.

"I get scared whenever I come here," K admitted with a small laugh.

"Did you sleep well?" Seon turned towards her, a soft grin on his lips.

Haru felt her cheeks heat up at the memory of the previous night's events. She sheepishly hummed in confirmation. No one had ever offered to do that for her.

"That's good," He muttered, before looking back at the egg screen. Haru turned to do the same.

The screen lit up as it did the night before, the i-landers audibly excited.

"From now on, you have a common destiny," The voice began, "For the four tests to come, you'll be collectively responsible for every result."

"Four tests?"

"The average of individual scores will be the team's score, that result will determine the number of people to be eliminated from the I-LAND." A table appeared on screen, provoking expressions of shock.