7. All The Wrong Moves

Start from the beginning

"No, that looks about right." Jerry nods.

"And, I'm not hungry anymore." I dump my falafel balls into Jerry's tray.

He shrugs and pops one into his mouth. "Yo, check it out." Jack and I turn around. "That's Dan Brennan. He's the best dancer at our school. They call him Smooth."

"Because he's got great dance moves?" Jack asks.

"And his skin is crazy soft. Yo, we're talking velvet." Jerry states.

"I doubt that." I say.

Just then, "Smooth" walked up to our table.

"Hey, Jerry." He looks over at Jack.

"Jack." He introduced himself.

"Eh. Oh, hey Naomi. Lookin' good today, as always." Smooth winks at me.

"Thanks, I guess."

"I heard you karate clowns- no offense Naomi,"

"Offense taken."

"signed up for the dance contest. You know my crew, The Step Brotherz win every year."

"Yeah, I know. Just 'cause you win every year doesn't mean other people shouldn't try." Jerry looks up at Smooth.

He scoffs, "Yeah, it kinda does. See, I suggest you leave the dancing to us and stay in your little karate club." Smooth starts walking away.

Jack turns around, "You know, we're not just a karate club. We also offer free counseling to people with bad nicknames. You should come by and see us. "Smooth"."

I chuckle and high five Jack.

"You guys are just gonna embarrass yourselves." Smooth states.

"No, we leave that up to you since you're so "Smooth". Should have been called Clumsy." I fire at him. He rolls his eyes.

"You might have some moves. But can you move... like Smooth?" Smooth does some weird dance moves before falling into the splits, getting up and wiping his nose, sniffing. He walks out.

"Lame!" I yell out. Smooth looks back at me and glares before just walking out of the mall.

Jerry scoffs, "Yo, I can move like Smooth. It's just a split. I can do a split. Check it." Jerry mocks Smooth's sniff before turning and sharply landing into a split... with his pants ripped.

Jack and I grimace and look away from our friend on the ground in pain. Jerry groans.

"I think your pants just ripped." Jack laughs, resting his arm on the booth we were sitting in, behind my head. I snicker.

Jerry's head pops up from under the table, "That wasn't my pants." Jerry strains. Jack and I grimace again as Jerry groans.

"I'm not looking." I climb over the back of the booth, walking away from the two boys and into the food court.

———
I walk into the dojo seeing Jack, Eddie, Milton and Jerry all huddled by the closest bench to the opening arch. I go over and sit down at the bench, taking off my shoes for Jerry's dance practice thing.

"Dang, Naomi. Your outfit looks good." Jack smirks.

"Shut it, Brewer." I put my heeled boots off to the side, going to my locker and grabbing my black converse, slipping them on.

" I put my heeled boots off to the side, going to my locker and grabbing my black converse, slipping them on